Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Printing Page Numbers, Etc.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 bobd441

bobd441

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:44 AM

Posted 08 November 2006 - 07:04 AM

I have a nagging problem with my printer/software. It insists on printing a 'Page# of #' (Page 3 of 7) and also a 'job #' on each page as it prints.

I have looked everywhere to try shutting this off because I do use a terrific printing program (FinePrint) for almost all my printing jobs.

The printer is a Canon i560. I'm running WinXP Pro.

This program allows me to add the same and many other items, plus adjust the font, color, positioning, etc.

FinePrint also allows me to print 1, 2, 4, or even 8 pages on a single sheet of paper, plus booklets, add watermarks, borders, custom stationery, and MUCH, MUCH more! (Sounds like a sales pitch, doesn't it? I admit, I bought it when it was $10.00. It's $49.95 now! *ouch*) ...and speaking of knives! http://fineprint.com/products/fineprint/index.html

So, any help will be greatly appreciated.

In advance, many thanks.
--
Bob
===================================
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather, who died peacefully in his sleep.
...not screaming like all the passengers in his car!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 fozzie

fozzie

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

• Members
  • 3,516 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:44 AM

Posted 05 December 2006 - 04:31 AM

What happens if utilise CTRL+P, will that software popup?

#3 bobd441

bobd441
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:44 AM

Posted 05 December 2006 - 07:29 AM

Hi fozzie,

FinePrint acts like another printer, so, if you make it the default printer (I do), then anything you want to print, no matter how you tell the comp to print, will start this program.

The only time I can't use FinePrint is when I use 'Easy-WebPrint', another nice printing program, that will actually print an entire web page for you. It doesn't cut off the right side of pages that expand further than the right edge of your screen, as so many printing programs seem to do (It shows up in the right-click window). That is why many pages that prompt you to print, send you to a 'printer-friendly' page to do so.
Canon Easy-WebPrint

Note: In locating the Easy-WebPrint URL, I saw that there is a new version, which I downloaded and tried to install. It seems that there is no version (yet) for Internet Explorer 7, which I am using. So I guess I now have to un-install Canon Easy-WebPrint because it is useless to me until they write a version for IE7. Oh, welll...

Edited by bobd441, 05 December 2006 - 07:34 AM.

--
Bob
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather, who died peacefully in his sleep.
...not screaming like all the passengers in his car!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users