Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Koowo Lyrics Software

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ashopecollapses

ashopecollapses

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:22 AM

Posted 08 November 2006 - 02:44 AM

Hello all,
This little piece of software is annoying the heck out of me. The problem is my anti-spywares and anti-virus programs don't pick this file up with their scans in regular OS operation, in operation with the explorer process terminated, or in safe mode. Unfortunately there is no simple uninstaller, so I am stumped. Any idea on how to remove this pesky piece of adware? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Tom

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 fozzie

fozzie

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

• Members
  • 3,516 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:22 AM

Posted 04 December 2006 - 03:55 AM

Check this page. At the bottom it tells you which program traces are. By copying and pasting the individual lines in run you can find them and delete them. After that you download Ccleaner. Go to options advanced and tick "prompt for registry back up " You click problems and tick all the registry itens. Run Ccleaner. It will prompt for making a backup. AS a default it will be stored in the "My Documents "folder. After that you tick the top option lefthandside complete your PC completely and reboot than everything should be ok

#3 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 04 December 2006 - 09:32 AM

A word of WARNING.
Using registry cleaners can, if you are not extremely careful, do serious damage to your computer's operating system and prevent some applications from working properly. Be wary of "mass deleting" their recommendations without making a backup of your registry first.
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#4 ashopecollapses

ashopecollapses
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 04 December 2006 - 09:36 AM

Hey all,
After a while AVG antispyware released some new definitions and between running that and webroot spysweeper with all sweeping options, including scanning the system restore volume, compressed folders, and rootkits, I was finally able to get rid the pesky problem so we are all set if you all want to close this thread.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users