Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Gadgets Rule!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

• Members
  • 247 posts
  • Local time:01:38 AM

Posted 08 November 2006 - 02:01 AM

GADGETs, GADGETs, GADGETs everywhere, we are drowning in them!! How many gadgets do you have?? Can you live without them?? Are you enslaved by them?? Do you really need them?? Does it define you?? Do you have absolute essentials/favorites??? Do you wish for more(with Xmas around the corner)?? In this age of technology, gadgets has encroached upon every aspects of our personal lives days and nights, plays and work, family and friends. In every aspects of our enviroment: science and space, education and research, travel and hospitality, media and communication, Industries and entertainment, government and economy, etc., etc., etc., etc.,.. to no end. How many do I have?.....have lost count(hoping for more), I have become hopelessly addicted to them whether I am on the road or at home-laptop, camera, GPSdevice, IPod,DVD player,.. etc.,--in particularly: my cell phone, I think it has taken roots on my body! Has this obsession for gadgets become a disease or a national pastime?? Has it taken over your world?? Can we ever go back to the simpler way of live?? Can you give up any of them(what?)?? Has gadgets changed your live(for the better)?? Have gadgets will rule. Long live gadgets! Keep them coming! Cheers. YOYO. :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  • Local time:05:38 AM

Posted 08 November 2006 - 01:11 PM

Well with the ipod thing I got a samsung mp3 player. The ipods are neat but lack features and cost more than others do.

There were much better players out there than the ipod so I got one from samsung. I like it. I can play vids,music,games,read text files,record radio,play radio and record stuff with its built in mic. I can also view pics on it.

I can live without it. Its neat to have but I dont carry it everywhere.

I do have a few gadgets. I like getting new ones that I can use. I buy stuff because I can use it. My mp3 player was more of a want. I didnt need it but I could use it.

I have a digi camera I carry a lot. Its 5.0 mp and super thin. Casio ex-s500. I use this a lot. Good for dvd quality movies and even records sound(very good too).

I dont even own a cell phone. I found out my friends will let me use theirs when I need to call someone on a trip or whatever and I dont have to pay the 45 dollar bill each month.

Even if we are driving and the car breaks down or whatever people are always within walking distance. Most people have cell phones for convenience more than need.

Can I live without my laptop and other things, yes.

If you cant you need to get out more lol

Edited by cowsgonemadd3, 08 November 2006 - 01:13 PM.

#3 MaraM

• Members
  • 1,717 posts
  • Local time:02:38 AM

Posted 08 November 2006 - 02:52 PM

Hmmm ... gotta admit, gadgets can be great fun!

We moved about 10 months ago and made a decision to live with the least amount of gadgets possible (not including my computer in this because it's a necessity - grin!) - and wow, it's been wonderful!

Less stuff to clean, less stuff to break-down and get frustrated over --- far more time to just watch the clouds float by.

Yup, life is not always 'easier' but sure is less stressful :thumbsup:
Never let your computer realize you are in a hurry or just typing the last few words of a vital document.

While outer events might make one happy or sad, happiness itself is entirely internal, and at all times completely within one's power.

#4 BanditFlyer

• Members
  • 283 posts

Posted 13 November 2006 - 07:21 PM

My only gadgets are an alarm clock, Microwave oven, radio/casette player with an analog dial for tuning, and my computer.

No, mp3 players, cell phones, pagers, GPS units, sat phones, VCRs, video game units, or anything else gadgety in sight.

#5 Klinkaroo

• Members
  • 1,139 posts

Posted 18 November 2006 - 04:28 PM

Now that I think of it I might need to check into rehab soon...

Cell Phone : It's almost a necessity since I use it alot for work... and I only pay about 20$ every 45 days wich is decent...

Laptop : I love this little baby

MP3 Player : Use it mostly at the gym and when I walk to school, and testing sound systems at auditoriums and different events...

Radio, Alarm Clock, Xbox, tv...

My Want List :
-Sat Radio... I live in a a town with about 3 radio stations and they all suck... I now that I am going to start driving by myself in 17 days I really want one...

-Second Computer : One is never enough...

-PDA : Was looking at the Motorola Q but I think I am still going to wait a bit...

and the list goes on...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users