Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Internet Explorer6 Doesn't Want To Work Right

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Butterfly3x5

Butterfly3x5

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:51 AM

Posted 07 November 2006 - 05:52 PM

I am using IE6 and when I try to open it up, it's very slow and nothing really happens. I am able to see most of my tool bars; however, the actual page is blank or is white background with numbers. Does anyone have any idea what's going on with my IE? I was recently hijacked but thanks to all of you, that problem is solved. Thanks for taking the time to read this and any help is appreciated! :thumbsup:
Butterfly3x5
Moderator Edit: Moved topic to more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

Edited by jgweed, 09 November 2006 - 09:42 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Butterfly3x5

Butterfly3x5
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  

Posted 09 November 2006 - 09:30 AM

I am also having to hold down the ctrl button when I want to open anything up under IE. Otherwise I get the following error boxs.

1) The instruction @ "OxO23538ae" referenced memory at "0x0246c930". The memory could not be "read". Click ok to terminate the program.

2) Run time error 216 @ 023538ae

?????? not sure what this means, hope someone can help. :thumbsup:
Thanks,
Butterfly3x5

#3 Rosty

Rosty

Skydive junkie

• Malware Response Team
  • 1,220 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:51 AM

Posted 16 November 2006 - 02:59 PM

Hi Butterfly3x5,

It sounds like you computer is infected and we need to see a HijackThis log to begin knowing what infected it and what to do with it...

Please download HijackThis from here:
http://www.merijn.org/programs.php

To run HJT, extract it to a permanent folder such as one you create like C:\HJT or the Desktop. Close all open windows and
browsers and make sure that all programs are enabled if you use msconfig. Run it and Scan, then Save the log.
When the log window appears, Right click to Copy it, open your browser and come here to Paste the entire log. Do
not make any changes until it is checked since most items are either benign or essential to the computer.

Kind regards,

Rosty.
Posted Image
Proud member of ASAP since 2007

#4 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  

Posted 17 November 2006 - 08:03 AM

Butterfly3x5,

I moved your HJT log to the appropriate forum.
Here, is the link:
Butterfly3x5's HJT log

NOTE:
Please, DO NOT make another post in the HJT forum, until it has been responded to by a member of the HJT Team. The first thing they look for, when looking for logs to reply to, is 0 replies. If you make another post, there will be 1 reply. The team member, glancing over the replies, might think someone is already helping you out, and will not respond. So, just make your post, and let it sit there, until a team member responds. This way you will be taken care of, in the most timely manner.

Also, don't make any changes to your system, as that could change the results of the posted log, making it more difficult to properly clean your system.

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to PM me.
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users