Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Battery Drivers

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Hooky1742

Hooky1742

• Members
  • 111 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:54 PM

Posted 07 November 2006 - 12:12 PM

Since I last reformatted my laptop there does not appear to be any drivers for the battery. When i unplug the computer the battery does work (as the computer does not turn off immediately) but there is no battery level monitor. It just displays the "on ac power" icon all the time in the taskbar. Is there anywhere i can download a microsoft windows battery/ac adapter driver? My searches of the microsoft website have proved fruitless. Any ideas where i could procure such a driver would be greatly appreciated.

I am using a fujitsu siemens amilo pro v2030 running windows XP pro, and the fujitsu website did not help either.

Thanks in advance

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,026 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:54 PM

Posted 07 November 2006 - 02:20 PM

Try this Fujitsu Siemens Computers DeskUpdate Web Version
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 Hooky1742

Hooky1742
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 111 posts
  •  

Posted 08 November 2006 - 02:41 PM

that fujitsu deksupdate thing failed. thanks for the idea, anyone got any other ideas?

#4 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,090 posts
  •  

Posted 08 November 2006 - 03:53 PM

I'd search around in your power settings for a little check box that will allow you to display the status.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#5 Hooky1742

Hooky1742
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 111 posts
  •  

Posted 09 November 2006 - 12:40 PM

hi, in the power options under the advanced tab there is a check box which says always show icon on the taskbar, which i have enabled. There is an icon on the taskbar, but it only displays "on ac power" all the time, even when the ac power is disconnected and the computer is running on battery. There is a UPS tab as well. I selected a generic UPS under port COMM3 (the only one on the drop-down menu) but when i click ok an error message saying "the UPS service could not access the specified COMM port" appears. I hope this helps someone identify the problem!

#6 Hooky1742

Hooky1742
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 111 posts
  •  

Posted 11 November 2006 - 02:53 AM

can anyone help with this?

#7 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,026 posts
  •  

Posted 11 November 2006 - 01:03 PM

Did you say YES to allow the Active X install request from the toolbar ?? The tool in post 2 will ask you to install an Active X component. If you say No it will not work.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#8 Hooky1742

Hooky1742
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 111 posts
  •  

Posted 11 November 2006 - 03:31 PM

yes, i allowed the active x control. Is there anywhere i can just download the driver from?

#9 usasma

usasma

• 25,090 posts
  •  

Posted 12 November 2006 - 09:07 AM

This sounds like a problem with the software that came with the computer. Are you using the software that the manufacturer of the laptop supplied - or the built in Windows software (usually the manufacturer's stuff will look different from the normal windows).
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#10 Hooky1742

Hooky1742
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 111 posts
  •  

Posted 14 November 2006 - 04:07 PM

the OS is plain windows, i reformatted using a normal XP disc to get rid of all the add on crap that the manufacturer put on there. This worked fine initially, then i had to reformat again due to a horrendous amount of virus/spyware etc etc. The problem occurred after this reformat.

#11 usasma

usasma

• 25,090 posts
  •  

Posted 16 November 2006 - 10:45 AM

Try reinstalling the add-on crap that came with the computer. There may be a component there that your system requires (laptops are more proprietary than desktops). If this doesn't fix it, you can simply remove it again.

#12 Hooky1742

Hooky1742
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 111 posts
  •  

Posted 18 November 2006 - 08:38 AM

no luck, even with all the extra stuff there is still nothing. I reformatted it with the windows CD which is installed on my PC, rather than the manufacturers restore CD thing because i thought that would just put all the extra stuff back, which would have defied the point of the reformat! I think this "normal" windows CD has some component to do with batteries missing.

#13 Hooky1742

Hooky1742
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 111 posts
  •  

Posted 18 November 2006 - 01:53 PM

i have just reformatted my brothers laptop with the same windows CD and the same problem has occurred, so its not a fujitsu thing, it is definitely a windows thing. His is an Acer Aspire 5100. If anyone knows where i can get battery drivers for a either (or prefereably both) a Fujitsu Siemens Amilo Pro V2030 or an Acer Aspire 5100, i would be extremely greatful. Many thanks.

#14 usasma

usasma

• 25,090 posts
  •  

Posted 19 November 2006 - 08:01 AM

You'll have to contact Fujitsu or Acer for them.

#15 Hooky1742

Hooky1742
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 111 posts
  •  

Posted 19 November 2006 - 08:13 AM

ok, will try that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users