Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

All Downloading Keeps Stopping!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 bobd441

bobd441

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:17 PM

Posted 07 November 2006 - 11:21 AM

Well, this one is a real stinker of a problem!

Whenever I download ANYTHING, such as new programs or updates, the download screen just stops!

To overcome this, I have to close the download window and re-start the process over and over until (maybe) the download completes.

Now, this took F O R E V E R when updating my Adobe Suite, which had about 150MB of updating to do!

Right now, I'm trying to download the latest Google Earth program, but it keeps stopping, and when I start downloading again, it starts from the beginning, NOT the way any other programs have done before. They always just picked up where they left off.

...and I LOVE Google Earth!

Oh, and in Adobe updater, I did NOT have the box checked to limit the size of the download file.

Ain't progress GRAND?

In advance, many thanks.

Bob
--
Bob
===================================
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather, who died peacefully in his sleep.
...not screaming like all the passengers in his car!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Albert Frankenstein

Albert Frankenstein

• Members
  • 2,707 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:17 PM

Posted 07 November 2006 - 11:50 AM

Tell us what kind of internet connection you have, i.e. dialup, DSL, cable, or satelite.

Also, are you having any other trouble with your internet connection, or with the computer itself? Is the computer running slower than it used to?
ALBERT FRANKENSTEIN
I'M SO SMART IT'S SCARY!

Currently home chillin' with the fam and my two dogs!

#3 bobd441

bobd441
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:17 PM

Posted 07 November 2006 - 11:57 AM

Hi Al,

I have a cable connection - Adelphia.com - currently being bought out by Comcast, so we're expecting some problems, mostly wiht email.

I formatted my comp just about 2 weeks ago, and after a few small problems (remedied here, thank you) the comp is running fine excpet for this nagging problem.
--
Bob
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather, who died peacefully in his sleep.
...not screaming like all the passengers in his car!

#4 Albert Frankenstein

Albert Frankenstein

• Members
  • 2,707 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:17 PM

Posted 07 November 2006 - 12:04 PM

What browser are you using to surf the internet with?

Help > About

Please provide the complete version name and number.
ALBERT FRANKENSTEIN
I'M SO SMART IT'S SCARY!

Currently home chillin' with the fam and my two dogs!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users