Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problems Uninstalling Windows Vista Rc1

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 johnie

johnie

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:31 PM

Posted 07 November 2006 - 03:37 AM

I am trying to uninstall Vista and I am having many problems. ive formatted C drive. Now, when I put in the XP disc, it keeps saying this:

Stop: c0000221 Unknown Hard Error
\SystemRoot\system32\ntdll.dll

Anyone know please help me out.. thanks :huh: :huh:

Edited by johnie, 07 November 2006 - 04:09 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 projectfocus

projectfocus

• Members
  • 479 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:31 PM

Posted 07 November 2006 - 05:06 AM

Have you tried to use a program like Killdisk to wipe the disk completely. Then start from scratch.
FocusToonSigStreched.jpg

#3 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:31 PM

Posted 07 November 2006 - 08:20 AM

Since you've formatted your C:\ drive but probably haven't removed the boot sector - I'd suggest using the free tools that are available at the manufacturer of the hard drive's website to "reinitialize" or "low-level" format the hard drive. Follow this with a regular format and XP should install without a hitch.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#4 johnie

johnie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 07 November 2006 - 10:04 AM

the problem now is this.. i just installed windows vista.. and now i reformatted my c:

when i insert my windows xp bootable CD, it loads everything till the part when "Press enter to install windows XP then press R to run recovery..." when i press enter it says the hard disk is not connected.. What should I do??

the problem now is this.. i just installed windows vista.. and now i reformatted my c:

when i insert my windows xp bootable CD, it loads everything till the part when "Press enter to install windows XP then press R to run recovery..." when i press enter it says the hard disk is not connected.. What should I do??

#5 usasma

usasma

• 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 08 November 2006 - 08:54 AM

When you format your hard drive - it doesn't format all of it. It only formats the partitions that contain the data - not the boot sector.

And, Vista has changed your boot sector so that XP doesn't recognize it. The way to fix this is to format your boot sector with a "low-level" format. You can obtain a free tool to do this from the website of the folks who manufactured your hard drive.

You may have to install the tool on a bootable floppy or CD and then boot from it in order for the tool to do it's job.

Edited by usasma, 08 November 2006 - 08:55 AM.

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#6 4usenow

4usenow

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 09 November 2006 - 12:30 AM

wow , sorry but i never saw anything like that

bye
david lewis

:huh:

//Mod edit to remove commercial URL link per BC Board Discussion rules.

Edited by KoanYorel, 09 November 2006 - 12:57 AM.

#7 johnie

johnie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 09 November 2006 - 09:21 AM

ive tried low level format but its still cannot. should i send it to a computer shop n get it format?

#8 usasma

usasma

• 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 09 November 2006 - 11:20 AM

Which program did you try and how did you use it? (booted from floppy, cd, operating system, etc)

What commands did you use?

Can you put the hard drive on another system to format it there?

#9 DemonSui

DemonSui

• Members
  • 325 posts
  •  

Posted 16 November 2006 - 06:20 PM

you can use the Vista CD and go to custom > and delete the partion. then reboot with the XP cd in the drive, and that should work. I have problems getting Vista to install, and that's what I had to do
Let free your emotions so I can destroy them!

PSP M33 USER.

MY new PC is a laptop and I love it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users