Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Ati And Nvidia Cards In One System

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Steve Brewer

Steve Brewer

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:07 AM

Posted 06 November 2006 - 09:29 PM

I am attempting to use an ati 9500 radeon agp card in a system as a primary display and an nvidia geforce mx as secondary display. I can't move video to the nvidia display from the ati display. if anyone has any suggestions let me know

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 nforce

nforce

• Members
  • 202 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:07 AM

Posted 08 November 2006 - 10:18 AM

Well, from my experience, you should be able to see the desktop on both and maybe stretch the desktop between both monitors, but to really get the full effect, you need 1 card with two ports. Even then im not sure because ive never tried two monitors on one card, only 1 for each card.
Anyway, from what I tried, you can't have a fullscreen application, game, or movie shared or transfered between the two cards\monitors. Probably because of the built in codecs of the cards. You can open a fullscreen application on each monitor though. Thats what i've been doing. (ex. watching a movie on one monitor and playing a game on the other. Please someone correct me if i'm wrong. I've never gone too in depth on this.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users