Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Freezes While Connecting To Internet

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Ross Zip

Ross Zip

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:07 AM

Posted 06 November 2006 - 08:10 PM

A while ago this computer crashed and got totally messed up. I used my other computer until a few months ago when i finally got around to reformatting my hard drive. But, since then this computer has had trouble connecting to some online programs, such as steam when trying to play counterstrike, or blizzard games. my internet browser works fine and it is just these types of programs, torrent also works fine (utorrent). Everything else loads ok and is very quick so i am puzzled as to why it is doing this for some programs and not others. Does anyone have any ideas because i am all out.

btw- i already tried setting my tcp

Thanks for your help in advance.
______
~Ross~

Posted Image

[indent=1]

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 projectfocus

projectfocus

• Members
  • 479 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:07 PM

Posted 07 November 2006 - 04:56 AM

I would say it is a firewall issue then. Check the windows firewall and see if the programs are in the exeption list for the firewall as these will all use differant port numbers to connect to the net.
FocusToonSigStreched.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users