Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Screen Turn Blank Suddenly.

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Aberfocation

Aberfocation

• Members
  • 69 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:28 PM

Posted 06 November 2006 - 07:27 AM

Hello..
i got this samsung SyncMaster710n..when i was working thru some project my scrn jus went blank and the power light went blinking..>.< wad can i do?Please help
^^
Computer Nubie =X

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 projectfocus

projectfocus

• Members
  • 474 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:28 AM

Posted 06 November 2006 - 07:54 AM

Sounds like the screen has gone into standby mode. this normally happens when it looses sync with the PC. Chack cables in the back of the monitor and also on the back of the PC. Try Restarting the machine and see what happens
What was the machine doing at the time if you remember has you set the dieplay to a resolution higher than it can cope with.
Normally there is a auto tune function on the front of the screen try pressing that and see what happens.
Posted Image

#3 Aberfocation

Aberfocation
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 69 posts
  •  

Posted 06 November 2006 - 08:42 AM

Hmmm..cable is intact..when it went blank i restarted it and its perfectly fine..but happens at times..is there other thing i can do?
Computer Nubie =X

#4 I_am_CanadianEh?

I_am_CanadianEh?

• Members
  • 489 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:28 AM

Posted 06 November 2006 - 09:01 AM

Could be a couple of things, so try these steps:

1) Could be a faulty cord or power supply. If you're computer is under warrenty call your support desk and see if you can bring it to an authorized dealer/depot for diagnostic.

If this doesn't solve your problem then try:

2) right click anywhere on the desktop, select properties then select the Settings tab. Click the "Troubleshoot" button and follow the guide to see if you can correct the problem **Note** This is for Windows 2000, if you have another op system, the instructions may be slightly different.

3) Click Start, Control Panel and select the System icon. Select the hardware tab, then Device manager. If there is a problem with a device, you will notice either it having a Red X or a Yellow exclamation mark. Select any problem device, right click it, select properties and see it tells you there is a problem.

If you don't have a red or yellow mark. Find the listing for "Display Adaptors". Expand it, and select your Video Card (usually only one listed). Go to the Drivers section and make note of the Driver version and Manufacturer. Now follow this link to check to see if there is an updated driver.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/how-to-update-a-windows-hardware-driver/

Do the same for any device under "Monitor".

I'm no expert in computers, but I do consider myself an intermediate :thumbsup:
Good luck.

:flowers:

#5 projectfocus

projectfocus

• Members
  • 474 posts
  •  

Posted 06 November 2006 - 10:23 AM

All the above is def the next thing to try other than that I would say it is a faulty monitor port on the mother board. Try installing a graphics card. Of if there is already one try using the standard port and see if that resolves the issue. I would say if it is doing this on regular basis it is likely to be either hardware or drivers. try doing the driver stuff first cos this does not soct you anything.
Posted Image

#6 Aberfocation

Aberfocation
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 69 posts
  •  

Posted 07 November 2006 - 06:25 AM

i did all of the above stated but didnt help...Hmmm...now the screen went blank and auto restarted.. >.<

BCCode : 100000ea BCP1 : 81B98020 BCP2 : 8203A108 BCP3 : F8975CBC
BCP4 : 00000001 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 2_0 Product : 768_1

smth like this
Computer Nubie =X

#7 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,090 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:28 AM

Posted 07 November 2006 - 08:58 AM

Here's a description of the error message: http://aumha.org/win5/kbestop.php#0xea

Most likely a video driver or the video card itself. Visit the manufacturer of the video card chipset and download their latest, certified driver (and install it). The most common cards are those based on nVidia ( http://www.nvidia.com ) or ATI ( http://www.ati.com )
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#8 projectfocus

projectfocus

• Members
  • 474 posts
  •  

Posted 07 November 2006 - 09:18 AM

Yeah as stated in a previous post ost likely the Hardware / driver problem. I would say if this is a inbuilt graphics card then just try updating the driver. But I think it might be goosed
Posted Image

#9 Aberfocation

Aberfocation
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 69 posts
  •  

Posted 08 November 2006 - 08:33 AM

hmmm..i cant find the driver for my graphic card>.< mine is

Inno3D GeForce FX5700

>.<