Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Outlook Express

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 daisy123

daisy123

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:14 PM

Posted 05 November 2006 - 09:14 PM

Hello to all my favorite computer gurus! I don't stop here often but when I encounter a problem this is where I find shelter. My question pertains to opening attachments in Outlook Express that contain .pps as part as the file name. I get the ol' message "this file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action". Please point me in the direction of fixing this so I can open these email attachments. Thank you for any help I know you will give me.... You always save the day!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:14 PM

Posted 05 November 2006 - 09:55 PM

.pps, are Powerpoint Slideshow files.
If you have PowerPoint, you can open them with that.
If not, there's a free program that you can use to view the images:
XnView
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 daisy123

daisy123
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  

Posted 05 November 2006 - 10:00 PM

Thank you so much for the quick response! I will look into this and check out that email I've been waiting to see. See... I knew someone would help me here. :thumbsup:

#4 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:14 PM

Posted 05 November 2006 - 10:20 PM

You're quite welcome, daisy123.
I received those types of files before, and had no way to open then, so I had to go hunting for a program that would. :thumbsup:
There's not many image file types, that XnView won't open.
I believe it's close to 400 different types it will open, and almost 50 that it'll write to.

Edited by tg1911, 05 November 2006 - 10:26 PM.

MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#5 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 06 November 2006 - 11:02 AM

Just as a footnote, Microsoft has a PowerPoint viewer:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...;displaylang=en

"PowerPoint Viewer 2003 lets you view full-featured presentations created in PowerPoint 97 and later versions. This viewer also supports opening password-protected Microsoft PowerPoint presentations. You can view and print presentations, but you cannot edit them in the PowerPoint Viewer 2003."

Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users