Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cannot Receive Emails On Laptop

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 fraze

fraze

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:25 PM

Posted 05 November 2006 - 03:43 PM

Hope someone out there can help. I have a desktop computer on which I have been using incredimail for years with very few problems and I recently bought a laptop and downloaded incredimail onto that too. At first I couldn't send or receive messages on the laptop so I un-installed the incredimail programme and then re-installed it again. After that I found I could send messages out ok but couldn't receive them. (On the desktop computer I can send and receive). I just don't understand why this should happen as I have checked all the server and password details etc and everything is exactly the same on both computers so as far as I can see, there's no reason why I shouldn't be able to receive emails on the laptop. I have tried contacting incredimail at least 5 times in the past 2/3 weeks, but no-one has bothered to get back to me! This problem is driving me crazy and I don't know what else I can do to solve it. PLEASE can anyone help as this is driving me crazy!!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,082 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:25 PM

Posted 05 November 2006 - 09:35 PM

Send your self an email from the PC.
Then exit (right click the icon in system tray)the Inc mail program on the PC.
Then open the program on the Laptop and see if you get that mail.
It appears to only want to be open on one device at a time.
Also mail downloaded to one machine will not be available to view on the other.

Hey and Welcome to bleepingcomputer, fraze

Edited by boopme, 05 November 2006 - 09:37 PM.

How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 fraze

fraze
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 07 November 2006 - 01:38 PM

Thanks for your suggestion of sending a message from my PC to the laptop and then exiting incredimail. Unfortunately, it didn't work! When I went on laptop a box came up that said "authorisation failure - review server details. If necessary validate username and password". (These are correct and same as on the PC). Then in a smaller box it had "-Err login failed". Would appreciate any more help you might be able to give. Thanks.

#4 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,082 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:25 PM

Posted 07 November 2006 - 01:52 PM

Then try using this LINK to configure your firewall and if necesary the account.
Let us know....
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#5 fraze

fraze
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 07 November 2006 - 03:16 PM

Thank you for your quick reply.

I have Windows firewall which is "on" and everything else is correct, so can't see that causing the problem. Before this all happened I was able to send and receive with no problems, it just seemed to "go off" one day and whatever I have tried is just not working.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users