Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer Wont Boot.

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 sunnybo

sunnybo

• Members
  • 313 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:33 AM

Posted 05 November 2006 - 03:43 PM

ok i need help i have a hewlett packard. and it will not boot up. i turn it on and it will only go as far as saying hewlett packard and stays that way. i think it freezes that way.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 zemoman

zemoman

• Members
  • 150 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:33 AM

Posted 05 November 2006 - 03:49 PM

Before i can help you i need some more info such as do u get any windows pop up saying anything or any thing unusuall?
ROOTKITS BAD!

#3 sunnybo

sunnybo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 313 posts
  •  

Posted 05 November 2006 - 04:04 PM

no it doesnt say anything. it wont boot up. it just goes as far as trying to boot. its the screen where it says the name of computer. its just a blue screen with name of computer on it. no bar indecating its trying to boot either. it just sits there and does nothing.

and it only started running like this when the storm hit not to long ago.

#4 sunnybo

sunnybo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 313 posts
  •  

Posted 05 November 2006 - 04:06 PM

ok it was being used when the storm hit so the computer didnt have much power because of storm but i didnt know.

#5 sunnybo

sunnybo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 313 posts
  •  

Posted 05 November 2006 - 04:12 PM

the hard drive wasnt working and the seguence got changed to see if that was the problem. to see the way the computer boots up.
i went into the system setup and change how the computer boots up it was trying to boot off of a removable device instead of the hard drive

#6 zemoman

zemoman

• Members
  • 150 posts
  •  

Posted 05 November 2006 - 07:52 PM

Since it sound like u were using the pc and the storm took out the power this may be a OS error which means youll have to try to repair the corrupted files i the harddrive so your probably going to have to do simething called a chkdks to find and fix anything corrupted.

Check this link:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/315265

GOOD LUCK! if u need any more help just post a reply! :thumbsup:

Edited by zemoman, 05 November 2006 - 07:54 PM.

ROOTKITS BAD!

#7 sunnybo

sunnybo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 313 posts
  •  

Posted 05 November 2006 - 09:54 PM

but how do i do that stuff if the computer wont boot on. do you think it might boot on in safe mode. do you need internet to do this stuff? I am trying to fix this computer for my friend, thats why im posting this and asking for help. oh and with my computer that i have some error acorred just now. it says that C:documents and settings/owner/local settings/temp internet files/content.ie5/fvpcor[fxx3/315265[1].exe is not a validwin32application. what can i do.

#8 zemoman

zemoman

• Members
  • 150 posts
  •  

Posted 06 November 2006 - 02:55 PM

Ok ask you friend if he/she deleted any temporary internet files because it looks like to me that your temporary internet files are missing. Ok first of all yes try to boot into safe mode, and no you do not need the Internet for this. Now once your into safe mode go to start run and put in the box "chkdsk" (without the quotes) and then follow the on screen instructions, it will htne scan your hard drive for any corruption once finished it will try to fix them.

Good luck!

Also if you want to know why this happened check this out:

http://www.infopackets.com/channels/en/win...e_to_delete.htm

Edited by zemoman, 06 November 2006 - 03:03 PM.

ROOTKITS BAD!

#9 sunnybo

sunnybo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 313 posts
  •  

Posted 09 November 2006 - 09:51 AM

hello, sorry took so long. no internet files were not deleted, and i got the computer to start up and run but when i did a scan it asked to reboot, so i click yes and now it wont start up again. and i tried putting that code in and it wont work. and i dont know how to start up in safe mode. this is a 2000 computer. help please.

#10 zemoman

zemoman

• Members
  • 150 posts
  •  

Posted 10 November 2006 - 06:42 PM

Hi and sry it took long for me to reply. Ill get nback to u asap things are really busy here and ill try to get ack to you ASAP.

Thanks for ur patience! :thumbsup:
ROOTKITS BAD!

#11 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  

Posted 11 November 2006 - 04:44 AM

What did you do to get it to boot up?

To get to safe mode on most computers you start tapping F8 before Windows tries to start.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users