Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Wanting To Connect My Pc To My Tv

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 splackavellie_ca

splackavellie_ca

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:09 AM

Posted 05 November 2006 - 11:51 AM

i released just purchased a Sony Wega 42" flatscreen LCD television and need some help on trying to hook my pc up to it....its got the port in the back of the TV labelled PC...but what would i have to do on my computer to make it work and what kind of cable/connector would i have to purchase??

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 1vh1

1vh1

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 05 November 2006 - 04:21 PM

What Make computer do you have?

#3 splackavellie_ca

splackavellie_ca
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  

Posted 05 November 2006 - 06:41 PM

Dell

#4 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,330 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:09 PM

Posted 05 November 2006 - 08:40 PM

Hello splackavellie_ca
One important thing to know is that the video quality displayed on the television will be determined by the connection method used to connect the computer. For the best video quality, try using a VGA, DVI, HDMI, or Component Video connection; S-Video and Composite Video can be used, but do not provide as high of a resolution. However, your connection options may be limited by the types of ports available on both devices.

You didn't provide any model numbers and that makes things more difficult. Is it a media center PC?
I'll take a stab at this TV
Model: KV42DRC800

So there's some info Sony Support, enter this(C81728 ) # in the Solution ID Number

Also look here Media center setup

Edited by boopme, 05 November 2006 - 08:41 PM.

How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#5 rowal5555

rowal5555

Just enough info to be armed & dangerous...

• Members
  • 2,644 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:09 AM

Posted 06 November 2006 - 07:30 AM

Hi splackavellie_ca

I hooked up my Sony Bravia 40" widescreen LCD quite successfully with a 4metre "monster" VGA cable. I bought a 'plug to 2 socket' Y cable so I could keep all the original configuration and did the same for the audio.
As the TV was already connected to a 1000 Watt RMS DVD Home Theatre system, my PC music is now quite satisfying.
Good luck.

Cheers

rowal5555 (Rob )                                                             

Avid supporter of Bleeping Computer's
Team 38444

You can help find a cure

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users