Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Are These Viruses?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 julien2005

julien2005

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:54 PM

Posted 05 November 2006 - 08:23 AM

HELP!

I have several issues with my PC, and I hope you guys can help me:

1- my home page, though properly set-up in Internet Options, does not appear when I click on Home in IE. Instead, I have a different page that shows a "safeiepage.com" page and a Microsoft Internet Explorer pop up warning of a virus...
I could show the print screen of this, can I post a word document here?

2- Internet Explorer Security Plugin 2006 installed itself on my PC, and I am unable to delete it! When I go to Add / Remove Programms and I try to remove it, there is a pop up that tells me to "reboot prior to uninstalling". And obviously, if I click ok, it reboots, but does not help in uninstalling....
I could show the print screen of this also.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Cheerios

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Hellish

Hellish

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:54 AM

Posted 05 November 2006 - 10:54 AM

1. This is a sign of a virus, i'm sorry.

2. After a quick search i've come up with this.

Further in that page, you find this link. I believe it could be useful. Also, the HJT team here is a new level of expertise, so try submitting a Hijack This log here.
A title of "Internet Explorer Security Plugin 2006, Home page doesn't work." seems fitting. It takes a few days though so be patient. I suggest reading the Pinned topics.

I hope this helps, and good luck. If I can further assist you then I shall gladly do so.

P.S. The screenshots might help, just paste them into paint/gimp/photoshop/ (some photo editor) and save as a jpg/bmp. Then upload the files to here and put the "direct link" to the image here.

Also, may I suggest firefox? It's a personal choice, but no pesky IE problems(such as security plugin malware)

Edited by Hellish, 05 November 2006 - 10:57 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users