Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

RFID Chips - Your Cash Is Now Monitored

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 Walkman

Walkman

• Banned
  • 1,327 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:45 AM

Posted 05 November 2006 - 07:03 AM

Hello all,

I forgot about the cash being RFID'd, because it was said that they were working on doing so, or at least thinkng about it. Well,,, that time is near. Below is an article I've dug up that I think you'll all be very shocked to read and see.

If you ever thought I was kidding about your privacy and the tracking going on, you'll soon agree that I'm giving you all the "heads-up".

http://www.prisonplanet.com/022904rfidtagsexplode.html

And I can tell you so much as to why they're tracking cash. But read this, and start microwaving your money. As long as the serial no# on one side is intact, and at least half of it's intact on the other side of the bill, the banks MUST let you trade in your money.

TIP: Do like I've been doing.... trade your money in for gold. It's a neutral, natural commodity of this world that's worth money. Gold is accepted everywhere in this world, and has more value than the green back.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:45 AM

Posted 05 November 2006 - 04:50 PM

Well your local grocery store wont accept gold will they?

I have some of those newest 20 dollar bills. I can see no rfid in it. I am scared to microwave my bill and ruin it though.

I dont see the point in puting them into money. Unless you were to have a account they could not track how your money was spent. Money gets passed from person to person. In order to track it everybody would have to have a account and have to scan the money before getting it from someone else(like in a sale) and before spending it.

This is a older article but it is a good one about RFID.

http://www.rfidjournal.com/article/articleview/523/1/2/

Explains better on the unlikely hood of the government ever tracking money.
http://www.rfidjournal.com/article/articleview/523/1/2/

UPDATE:

RFID in money is a myth. Try it yourself.
http://www.rfid-weblog.com/50226711/money_...r_rfid_myth.php

You can see a rfid chip and its not there like I said above.

I was using a LED flashlight to shine through the bill and there is NOTHING there.

Edited by cowsgonemadd3, 05 November 2006 - 11:17 PM.

#3 TMacK

TMacK

• Members
  • 4,672 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:45 AM

Posted 05 November 2006 - 08:54 PM

Of course your $20. bills or any bill with any type of shiny markings or holograms will explode in the microwave! Posted Image
I think someone has way too much time on his/her hands,and if this is a topic of great interest to you,maybe you should be posting this hoaxy weird stuff in a more appropriate type of forum .
I'm no expert,just my Two Cents.....and know a hoax when I read it!
Chaos reigns within.
Reflect, repent, and reboot.
Order shall return.

aaaaaaaa a~Suzie Wagner

#4 Walkman

Walkman
  • Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 1,327 posts
  •  

Posted 05 November 2006 - 11:54 PM

Of course your $20. bills or any bill with any type of shiny markings or holograms will explode in the microwave! Posted Image

Not true. I've nuke 6 $20 bills and a $10 and nothing happened. New bills I might add.

I think someone has way too much time on his/her hands,and if this is a topic of great interest to you,maybe you should be posting this hoaxy weird stuff in a more appropriate type of forum .
I'm no expert,just my Two Cents.....and know a hoax when I read it!

It's called research. I've spend countless hours learning about the New World Order and the effects it's going to have on people. I'm not one to lay quietly and just wait for things to happen, then it'll be too late. I can also understand if this subject is too much for you to bare. Alot of people feel that way too. It's something we're not willing to believe nor accept. You can always turn the cheek the other way, but there is some serious stuff going on, and if you're an American don't expect your mainstream news station to tell you the truth about what's going on. Their job is to dumb down the population.

I don't believe anyone would/could make up a story about RFID'd cash, then nuke their own money. Some things can be seen with the human eyes, and still not believed. Although nothing is to be taken by it's surface appearance, but a little bit of reseach can and will uncover what you're seeking out. But, we all have the freedom to believe whatever we want.

This topic is where it belongs... right here. It's a general chat discussion. I would imagine that the RFID chip I got with my hard drive is a hoax, and all the other items now being RFID'd. Again, you're free to believe as you will, but if I were you, I wouldn't sleep on it.

I do agree that tracking the cash is too much of a hassle, and it'll be hard to do. But that's why they're moving to a cashless society. They are going to do away with the paper money in a few years or so. But the reason they're tracking money now is to monitor your spending. And mainly people that go to ATM's, and those that have bank accounts are the most vulnerable.

There's not much left to do with the paper money to stop counterfeiting except stop making it altogether. And also, today, the $1 bill right now is worth exactly .04cents. The American cash is losing it's value and many countries right now stop accepting American money. I wonder why? My guess is that they don't want their money tracked either.

On another note: I can show you a video that was made from the the Univeristy of Massachusetts where a few professors have showed AND proved that those new electronic voting machines can be rigged to make votes count for whoever they want to win. I just now saw on my local news here where people are already complaining that their votes weren't counted. All the same, I'd bet some would say the "myth" about the electronic voting machines are a hoax.

#5 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 37,046 posts
  •  

Posted 06 November 2006 - 01:04 AM

They're not accepting U.S. money because it has lost considerable buying power. The Euro has more economic strength.

What does RFID stand for?

Orange Blossom :thumbsup:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Internet Security, NoScript Firefox ext.

animinionsmalltext.gif

#6 Walkman

Walkman
  • Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 1,327 posts
  •  

Posted 06 November 2006 - 01:16 AM

They're not accepting U.S. money because it has lost considerable buying power. The Euro has more economic strength.

What does RFID stand for?

Orange Blossom :thumbsup:

RFID = Radio Frequency IDentification = (tracking device)

#7 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:45 AM

Posted 06 November 2006 - 05:30 PM

"I do agree that tracking the cash is too much of a hassle, and it'll be hard to do. But that's why they're moving to a cashless society. They are going to do away with the paper money in a few years or so. But the reason they're tracking money now is to monitor your spending. And mainly people that go to ATM's, and those that have bank accounts are the most vulnerable."

They are NOT tracking money. Those rfid chips cannot track anything. They are not even in the US bills....
If they were there not much more than UPC labels are. More of a way to keep up with the bills maybe but they CANT track how you spend your money or recieve it with the RFID chips even if they were in your money.

#8 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,664 posts
  •  

Posted 07 November 2006 - 11:40 PM

Btw, be careful all these posts are tagged with nano-rfid devices.

#9 DSTM

DSTM

"Bleepin' Aussie Addict"

• Members
  • 2,649 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:45 PM

Posted 08 November 2006 - 03:31 AM

Btw, be careful all these posts are tagged with nano-rfid devices.

JEEZ, I'm thick Grinler.
I have always called them "Tracking Cookies" LOL. :thumbsup:

DSTM.

#10 Wildabeast

Wildabeast

Bleeping Lurker...

• Members
  • 1,261 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:45 AM

Posted 08 November 2006 - 04:04 AM

Not true. I've nuke 6 $20 bills and a $10 and nothing happened. New bills I might add.

I hate to think what my wife would say if I blew up $40 or $50.
What could I say? "gee honey, the gubment was followin' us!"

I'd rather have the money.... :thumbsup:

Edited by Wildabeast, 08 November 2006 - 04:05 AM.

"The nine most feared words in the english language, 'I'm from the government, and I'm here to help'..."
Ronald Reagan

#11 Walkman

Walkman
  • Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 1,327 posts
  •  

Posted 28 January 2007 - 09:41 PM

Maybe some of you heard about this new tracking that the US Government discovered.

About 2 weeks ago here on the news, the US Government has put out a warning on Canadian coins. The US Government says that they have obtained Canadian coins that have tracking devices in them, and warned the public to be extra careful when getting change back from where you get it.

Although I knew about the tracking devices being put in money (bills), and I also learned that they were implementing it into metals, I never suspected coins. But heeyyyy, it's metal too.

On another note of the same subject..........
I know no one want to blow up their money, and I don't either, but there is a safe way to check "bills" for tracking.

All you need to do is run the edge of a credit card, playing card, or something similar across it, and if a tracking chip is in there, you'll feel a lump as you move across it. Very simple,,,, very effective. So there's no reason to not check our money since there is a safe way to do it. And if you should happen to find it in there, all you would need is a razor blade, or an exacto/sculpting knife, and cut around it to cut it out. I'm sure no one will notice that a bill is missing an eye, or where ever else it may be.

But check the search engines, and I'm sure there is news about it online.

#12 blueandgold04

blueandgold04

• Members
  • 490 posts
  •  

Posted 31 January 2007 - 12:52 PM

Walkman, i know exactly what you are talking about. Gillette is already putting RFID chips on some of their products. the chips are the size of the dot on a small 'i'.

the government does have a plan to RFID all paper money so they can track what you spend it on. it is not unrealistic to install scanners into all cash registers. can you imagine being audited on your cash?

for all of you who think this is just conspiracy theory, wait until May of 2008. as an American you will be required to obtain a national ID card with RFID technology. without it you will not be able to board a plane, train, etc... Your dollar is worth about 4 cents on the global market in true monetary terms.

cowsgonemadd3, why do they have a right to track what i spend my money on? Big Brother!!
"Nobody realizes that some people expend tremendous energy merely to be normal." -Albert Camus
"Chance favors the prepared mind." -Louis Pasteur
"If a man does his best, what else is there?" -George S. Patton

#13 MaraM

MaraM

• Members
  • 1,717 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:45 AM

Posted 31 January 2007 - 02:55 PM

If I'm correct in my assuption, many of our grocery stores are 'tracking'?

In order to get a sale price on an item, one must have a 'Safeway' card, for instance - and that card, in turn, tells the store what we are buying and how we are paying?

Don't like the idea that without that card, one has to always pay full price - but I wonder how much harm can be in a store tracking what is their most popular items, etc?
Never let your computer realize you are in a hurry or just typing the last few words of a vital document.

While outer events might make one happy or sad, happiness itself is entirely internal, and at all times completely within one's power.

#14 Mr Alpha

Mr Alpha

• Members
  • 1,875 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:45 PM

Posted 31 January 2007 - 03:29 PM

Man, you people are paranoid.

Tracking people through RFID money is a dumb idea. You could use it to track cash flow, which banks and economists could be interested in. But people? No. If your government wanted to track you they would track your mobile phone, not the money.
"Anyone who cannot form a community with others, or who does not need to because he is self-sufficient [...] is either a beast or a god." Aristotle
Intel Core 2 Quad | XFX 780i SLI | 8GB Corsair | Gigabyte GeForce 8800GTX | Auzentech X-Fi Prelude| Logitech G15 | Logitech MX Revolution | LG Flatron L2000C | Logitech Z-5500 Digital

#15 blueandgold04

blueandgold04

• Members
  • 490 posts
  •  

Posted 31 January 2007 - 04:06 PM

paranoid perhaps, but for me it comes down to a cabal of power making decisions for me. it is an intrusion of privacy. whether they mean to be innocuous or not, it violates my civil rights. the more that people ignore the erosions of their rights, the further this will go.

how much information is too much?
"Nobody realizes that some people expend tremendous energy merely to be normal." -Albert Camus
"Chance favors the prepared mind." -Louis Pasteur
"If a man does his best, what else is there?" -George S. Patton

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users