Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Start Up Problem

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Ian H

Ian H

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:33 AM

Posted 05 November 2006 - 02:32 AM

Hey need some help.

so i go to start up my lap top and it comes to this screen and it says something about it being improperlly shut down and how would i like to continue.

safe mode
last best configuration
etc etc

so i have tried all of them, but as soon as i choose one a flash of a blue screen with writing comes up and i cant read it becuase it dissapears to quickly.

if someone could offer advice or anything it would be appreciated. :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 sultan_emerr

sultan_emerr

• Members
  • 46 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:33 AM

Posted 08 November 2006 - 10:31 PM

Do the following and post back with the info so that we can narrow it down some:

Go to control panel/system/advanced tab/startup and recovery box/settings button/ sytem failure/ and then uncheck "restart on system failure" ( take the check out of automatically restart box ) , and then check the "Write a system event", and the "Admin alert" boxes (check "send admin alert") and the next time it randomly turns off, you should get a blue screen with white text, which will have code info. Write down the exac Stop Error Code and put that exact error into the google search box to see what info you get, and/or post that exact error here in this thread. (While you're waiting for a reply, you can put that error code in Google search, and in the MS Support Knowledge Base (KB) = http://support.microsoft.com/search/?adv=1 - to check it out.)
http://support.microsoft.com/search/?adv=1

Also go to your device manager (devmgmt.msc) and check the properties and look for anything suspicious and check that the settings are where they should be.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users