Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Xp - Svchost.exe Crash, Also No Sound Drivers, As Well

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 hikura

hikura

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:38 AM

Posted 04 November 2006 - 09:43 AM

Help!!!!! ive been having the exact same problem, the svchost.exe crashes and i lose my sound, if i have an app open that was allready using sound etc windows media player i continue to get sound, and if i dont click debug send error report etc i would be able to carry on opening programs and still having sound, but recently its gotten worse and when the error comes on even if i dont click anything i lose my sound, and its nothing to do with the startup programs i checked.
HEEELLLLP MEE plz

Moderator Edit: Split topic into it's own thread, from an older thread. ~ Animal

Edit: The original thread is: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/61618/xp-svchostexe-crash-and-no-sound-drivers/

Edited by Animal, 04 November 2006 - 06:53 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hikura

hikura
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:38 AM

Posted 04 November 2006 - 07:00 PM

i might have got this fixed, i downloaded all of the updates for windows and got some additional one from microsft.
i have like 69 updates to download pc is working fine so far.

#3 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,841 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:38 AM

Posted 04 November 2006 - 07:07 PM

Thank You for your reply. If in fact the updates are what solves your issue. Please post back and let us know, so that your problem and solution may be of help to others. Glad to hear you may have solved your own issue.

Da Bleepin' Animal

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users