Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Wobbly Sound

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 MickinPlymouthUK

MickinPlymouthUK

• Members
  • 664 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:50 PM

Posted 04 November 2006 - 04:16 AM

My sound is sometimes a bit wobbly but I don't know how to find the sound options buttons and sliders etc to have a go at juggling them around to cure it

Moderator Edit: Moved topic to more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

Edited by Animal, 04 November 2006 - 06:42 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Walkman

Walkman

• Banned
  • 1,327 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:50 PM

Posted 04 November 2006 - 08:56 AM

Hi.

1. Hit the Start button
2. Then hit the Programs button
3. Then hit the Control Panel button
4. From there, double-click on the Sounds & Audio icon.

From there, you'll have all the sound settings you'll want/need to manipulate.

Note: Some hardwares' software will install and place icons in the Control Panel where your default sounds control are at. Look there also for any other icon that has the name "sounds and (or) audio, or anything similar to it. SoundBlaster does that too. They will add other icons in the same window where your default icons are located in the Control Panel.

#3 saliann7

saliann7

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:50 PM

Posted 04 January 2008 - 05:46 PM

My sound is sometimes a bit wobbly but I don't know how to find the sound options buttons and sliders etc to have a go at juggling them around to cure it

Moderator Edit: Moved topic to more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

I have has this problem, too. If you have not yet remedied it I recently received information from my PC supplier that seems to have fixed the wobbly sound problem. They advised the below:

Step: 1 Updating Firmware

Check with your PC Supplier for any update of firmware that may be available for your CD/DVD drive and install the firmware for this system. Save to your hard drive appropriately (where you can find it easily) and follow on screen instructions. They provided me with a link that is unique, I think, to my PC's Service Tag so I assume it would be different for anyone else.

I downloaded and installed the firmware update did a system restart after installing the update and once the system restarted checked to see if the issue was resolved by running Diagnostics on CD/DVD RW(obist)

1. Reboot the system.

2. Press the F12 key on the keyboard when the Dell (or whatever your logo is) appears.

3. Choose 'Boot to Utility Partition' from the menu.

4. At the Diagnostics menu, click the 'Custom Test' button.

5. From the list of devices, click the (+) plus sign next to CDROM/DVD.

6. From the list of drives, click the (+) plus sign next to the drive which you wish to test. (You might be using only one CD ROM)

7. Select Built In Self Test.

8. And then click on Run Test.

I escaped out after this, booted up the normal way and have not had the problem since. So, this worked for me, I hope it works for anyone else. The Technical Support from my PC supplier provided the information.

Happy New Year

Saliann7

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users