My sound is sometimes a bit wobbly but I don't know how to find the sound options buttons and sliders etc to have a go at juggling them around to cure it
Moderator Edit: Moved topic to more appropriate forum. ~ Animal
I have has this problem, too. If you have not yet remedied it I recently received information from my PC supplier that seems to have fixed the wobbly sound problem. They advised the below:
Step: 1 Updating Firmware
Check with your PC Supplier for any update of firmware that may be available for your CD/DVD drive and install the firmware for this system. Save to your hard drive appropriately (where you can find it easily) and follow on screen instructions. They provided me with a link that is unique, I think, to my PC's Service Tag so I assume it would be different for anyone else.
I downloaded and installed the firmware update did a system restart after installing the update and once the system restarted checked to see if the issue was resolved by running Diagnostics on CD/DVD RW(obist)
1. Reboot the system.
2. Press the F12 key on the keyboard when the Dell (or whatever your logo is) appears.
3. Choose 'Boot to Utility Partition' from the menu.
4. At the Diagnostics menu, click the 'Custom Test' button.
5. From the list of devices, click the (+) plus sign next to CDROM/DVD.
6. From the list of drives, click the (+) plus sign next to the drive which you wish to test. (You might be using only one CD ROM)
7. Select Built In Self Test.
8. And then click on Run Test.
I escaped out after this, booted up the normal way and have not had the problem since. So, this worked for me, I hope it works for anyone else. The Technical Support from my PC supplier provided the information.
Happy New Year