Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer Can't Scroll Properly. Goes Up & Down Like Crazy

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 breatheheavy

breatheheavy

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:05 PM

Posted 03 November 2006 - 11:53 PM

Whenever I open my AIM or internet, or anything that has a scroll, my computer screen jolts up and down like crazy (the part that scrolls), and I cannot get it to stop! i have a windows xp home edition. Not sure what else I need to post.

If I try to IM someone on my buddy list, it will scroll up and down very fast, or if I try and click a link in my favorites list, it will scroll up and down really fast. I tried starting in safe mode but computer just hibernates. please help, it is urgent! Thanks so much for your time, anything you say to do, I will.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Walkman

Walkman

• Banned
  • 1,327 posts
  •  

Posted 04 November 2006 - 01:17 AM

Have you every tried a virus scan? That may reveal something. At least try that first, then post back. Also, it could be a driver. But run a virus scan just to be sure.

#3 Wildabeast

Wildabeast

Bleeping Lurker...

• Members
  • 1,250 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:05 PM

Posted 04 November 2006 - 01:26 AM

If your scan does not pick up anything, or does not help, try a different keyboard. A few months ago my screen was scrolling to the bottom of the page all the time. It turns out my keyboard was acting up. Just as if I was holding down the down arrow on the keyboard.
"The nine most feared words in the english language, 'I'm from the government, and I'm here to help'..."
Ronald Reagan

#4 Walkman

Walkman

• Banned
  • 1,327 posts
  •  

Posted 04 November 2006 - 05:19 AM

If your scan does not pick up anything, or does not help, try a different keyboard. A few months ago my screen was scrolling to the bottom of the page all the time. It turns out my keyboard was acting up. Just as if I was holding down the down arrow on the keyboard.

You hit the nail right on the head. That happened to me before. The wire was shortened out... and also, it happened to me with a mouse too, so check both of those if the other doesn't change anything.

Wildabeast, thanks for that reply... I'm laughing my butt off, because that's exactly what happened to me, and for the longest time, I couldn't figure it out, until I done a process of elimination.

You got that one off. This case was me one time ago.

#5 Wildabeast

Wildabeast

Bleeping Lurker...

• Members
  • 1,250 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:05 PM

Posted 04 November 2006 - 11:46 AM

Yup,
unless you've had it happen, it's hard to believe. :thumbsup:
"The nine most feared words in the english language, 'I'm from the government, and I'm here to help'..."
Ronald Reagan

#6 Albert Frankenstein

Albert Frankenstein

• Members
  • 2,707 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:05 PM

Posted 04 November 2006 - 01:53 PM

Check the mouse and keyboard first.
ALBERT FRANKENSTEIN
I'M SO SMART IT'S SCARY!

Currently home chillin' with the fam and my two dogs!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users