Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Runescape Goes Slow?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 forged

forged

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:49 PM

Posted 03 November 2006 - 10:27 PM

Hey, I read a topic on this forum about someone with a similar problem, but his solution is not working for me.
The problem is runescape simply is SLOW, its not a lag type of slow with jitter bugs. Its literally slow motion...

I recently installed windows XP, again. (Reformatted) and this problem occured. The memory usage is VERY high, memory usage well above 110k. Im using firefox OR IE. Doesn't matter... just want to fix the problem... lol

Thanks for any help :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 protozero

protozero

• Members
  • 447 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:49 PM

Posted 04 November 2006 - 02:03 AM

Computer specs, encounter with MMO's is that their memory hogs. But knowing your computers specs would help, as your computer may not be quick enough to handle it.
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

#3 Rabbuk

Rabbuk

• Members
  • 202 posts
  •  

Posted 04 November 2006 - 02:07 AM

make sure you dont use firefox and have the latest version of java.
Rabbuk

[size=7]GO BEARS!

#4 forged

forged
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 04 November 2006 - 11:45 AM

512 RAM
2.8ghz proccessor
64mb video card

Cable connection speed... still goin slow

#5 Rabbuk

Rabbuk

• Members
  • 202 posts
  •  

Posted 04 November 2006 - 11:54 AM

Try updating your video card drivers.
Rabbuk

[size=7]GO BEARS!

#6 forged

forged
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 05 November 2006 - 03:38 AM

all up to date

#7 Sterling14

Sterling14

• Members
  • 1,842 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:49 PM

Posted 05 November 2006 - 11:06 AM

Ya thats real weird, I play runescape sometimes and it really doesn't require much from your computer to play between 64-128 ram and a crappy p3 processor is the bare minimum, and the graphics blow (but you gotta love them :thumbsup: ) Sometimes I notice that when I try to play too that it goes slow and my system specs are the same as yours. Maybe you should try a better server closer to your location?
"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." - Thomas Watson, Chairman of IBM, 1943

#8 protozero

protozero

• Members
  • 447 posts
  •  

Posted 05 November 2006 - 10:47 PM

My run ins with MMO's is that their CPU and memory hogs, not so much on video.
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

#9 forged

forged
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 06 November 2006 - 09:19 PM

Thing Is, I just reformatted my computer. This issue shouldn't even be happening, all my drivers are up-to-date (Except my ethernet controller, still trying to figure out how to update it)

Also, its not just runescape now that im getting more into my computer. Its the ENTIRE computer. Google Video runs with lag... the sims2 runs with lag, other programs such as photoshop, even firefox will get a hiccup.

All this really makes no sense, with a reformat. I don't know what to do...

#10 Sterling14

Sterling14

• Members
  • 1,842 posts
  •  

Posted 07 November 2006 - 05:37 PM

If its not a virus or spyware issue could it be a problem with hardware?
"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." - Thomas Watson, Chairman of IBM, 1943

#11 holytoaster4

holytoaster4

• Members
  • 166 posts
  •  

Posted 09 November 2006 - 12:50 PM

I know this seems stupid but this has happened to me before. Maybe you got a virus just after reformatting, it can happen.
TOASTERS WILL RULE THE WORLD!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users