Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Any Idea How To Customize My Bottom Start Bar And Stuff?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Ravemasta16

Ravemasta16

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:52 AM

Posted 03 November 2006 - 08:18 PM

Im tired of the windows one.. And I see people with customized ones. Please h elp me :thumbsup:

Thanks!

-Rave

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Professional

Professional

• Members
  • 280 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:52 AM

Posted 03 November 2006 - 08:24 PM

Well I'm not really sure how to change the "Start Menu" button but a nice little application to customize your windows to have a much more 'you' feeling would be 'WindowsBlinds' its a program that lets you apply themes and change a few visual items the way you want.

Hope this helps (Y)
Posted Image

#3 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:52 AM

Posted 03 November 2006 - 11:30 PM

Warning: Editing system files, such as explorer.exe, can have adverse effects on your computer, possibly causing it to not work anymore.
Please do not try this if you are not an
experienced user.

Most people that have tried to change the start button, experience problems.
Before you make any changes to your Start button, you should read these 4 topics (Highly Recommended), and then decide if it's worth the risk:
1. Start button, Renaming "start"
2. change start buton ate my computer!, help
3. Change the start button text in WinXP, how 2 make the start button say anything
4. Safe Mode --missing--, What happened

Edited by tg1911, 04 November 2006 - 01:47 PM.

MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#4 rayandmaura

rayandmaura

• Members
  • 104 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:52 PM

Posted 04 November 2006 - 01:37 PM

i tried doing it and followed the directions exactly and guess what? well, i totally messed up my system so consider yourself warned

#5 Albert Frankenstein

Albert Frankenstein

• Members
  • 2,707 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:52 PM

Posted 04 November 2006 - 01:45 PM

Not quite sure if this is what you mean, but you can change the colors and look of XP by right clicking on an open spot on your desktop. Click on Properties. Choose the Appearance tab. There you will find controls to change the look and feel of Windows.
ALBERT FRANKENSTEIN
I'M SO SMART IT'S SCARY!

Currently home chillin' with the fam and my two dogs!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users