Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Sharing An Appointments Diary Over Small Office Network

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Constantine

Constantine

• Members
  • 275 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:38 AM

Posted 03 November 2006 - 06:23 PM

Hello Whiz kids,

We use a small network at my office and sadly, I am the closest thing they have to a computer geek. If they only knew how pathetic that is!

Anyway, I am wondering if there is a way of all the computers on the network being able to access the appointments diary. If so, what software would you recommend and how would one go about doing this? At the moment we use a ACTUAL diary that sits on the desk.

Perhaps my question is too broad, but any tips would be appreciated.

Regards

Constantine.
I thought I was wrong once, but I was mistaken.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:38 PM

Posted 08 November 2006 - 04:48 PM

I believe that you can do this with Outlook - but it's way beyond my ability!
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#3 Constantine

Constantine
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 275 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:38 AM

Posted 20 November 2006 - 09:33 PM

Thanks usama,

I will enquire further
I thought I was wrong once, but I was mistaken.

#4 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:38 AM

Posted 21 November 2006 - 03:42 AM

This may be what your looking for, Intranet/Web Calendar 1.1. You will need MS Access or download MySQL if you do not have the Microsoft database program. MySQL is also freeware.
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#5 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:38 AM

Posted 21 November 2006 - 10:22 AM

Assuming only a few people will be using a common calendar, there are several easy possibilities that should be investigated.
1. If everyone has internet access, then use Google Calendar.
2. If everyone has a spreadsheet application, then you could use a common spreadsheet to maintain a calendar.
3. I think that Mozilla's Sunbird might work, as well as Outlook.
Cheers,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#6 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:38 AM

Posted 22 November 2006 - 04:00 AM

Well I was thinking LAN, but John the best idea if all the computer have the internet. I use the Yahoo calendar to share with my son's Cub Scout Pack. It works great and as long as you have access to a computer you will always have your schedule and contacts. If and employ leaves or is terminated you just remove their email from the shared list. At least that is how it works with Yahoo.

http://www.google.com/googlecalendar/overview.html

http://dir.yahoo.com/Business_and_Economy/...ased_Calendars/
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#7 projectfocus

projectfocus

• Members
  • 479 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:38 PM

Posted 22 November 2006 - 04:54 AM

Though outlook this is possible and you can share your calendar with anyone you wish that is part of the active directory. This will work if you use Outlook 2000 and 2003. I have implemented this many times and if you need help with getting it to work on outlook this is not a problem.
FocusToonSigStreched.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users