Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Question With Wires

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Sterling14

Sterling14

• Members
  • 1,842 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:48 PM

Posted 03 November 2006 - 05:47 PM

I was looking through my computer to see what I can do for maybe a graphics card upgrade in the future (pssh no AGP or PCIe) when I saw there were a couple cables just hanging loosely not connected to anything. Well one of the cables looked identical to the one plugged into my hard drive, but the other one I couldn't tell. I was thinking that maybe its for a second hard drive or something? Well anyways its no big deal I'm just curious about computers and would like to learn a lot about them.

Well my computers a dell dimension 3000 an older model and i got it about a year ago which is about when they stopped making it I think. If you need anymore info about it its in my profile or I can post them. Thanks for taking the time to reading this post
"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." - Thomas Watson, Chairman of IBM, 1943

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sterling14

Sterling14
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,842 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:48 PM

Posted 03 November 2006 - 06:34 PM

Haha actually I was reading that other post above mine just a second ago and that other plug I didn't know looks like the plug for the power. Still what are these extra cables for if there not plugged in?
"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." - Thomas Watson, Chairman of IBM, 1943

#3 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,364 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:48 AM

Posted 04 November 2006 - 01:18 AM

If those wires are red, black, and yellow (two black, one red, one yellow) they are from the power supply. These are extras so that you can add more peripheral devices, like hdds, DVDs, CDs.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users