Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Possible Problems With Zonealarm And/or Avs

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Jimzhr

Jimzhr

• Members
  • 50 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:14 PM

Posted 03 November 2006 - 03:57 PM

In the past few days I have started running AOL Anti-Virus and Zone Alarm. Coincidently, since then. there seems to be a problem with my Yahoo Groups.

I belong to several groups. Usually when I post to them the post appears very quickly. Now the posts as often as not never actually post.

Maybe there are some settings in these new programs that are preventing my computer from going certain places or posting there????? I use hotmail with a number of accounts and the mail seems slow going to people and some of it doesnt seem to get there.

Does anyone have any idea? Thanks!

Jim

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:14 PM

Posted 04 November 2006 - 12:43 PM

Neither should cause a difference in speed once the E-mail has left your computer (if you are using an E-mail client) and certainly not if you are using Web-based mail.
Yahoo groups sometimes has major delays between sending to a group and actually seeing the post in the group. This problem usually resolves itself in a few days.
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#3 Jimzhr

Jimzhr
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 50 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:14 PM

Posted 05 November 2006 - 03:13 PM

Thank you John!

#4 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:14 PM

Posted 05 November 2006 - 06:33 PM

Just an update. I have read in several of my own Yahoo groups that now posts are showing up in the group messages, but taking much longer to arrive in your E-mail in-box.
Cheers,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users