Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Installshield Error

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 BurntToast777

BurntToast777

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:26 AM

Posted 03 November 2006 - 03:47 PM

I have just recently encoutered this error while installing a game. After that, every application that I try to install shows the same error "An installation support file could not be installed. Class not registered." I can't even update iKernel. :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  

Posted 12 November 2006 - 03:30 AM

Welcome to Bleeping Computer. Have you checked your Event Viewer for error messages?

Click the start button and then go to Control Panel then Administrative Tools. The Event Viewer will be located there. Please post the exact error message.
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#3 BurntToast777

BurntToast777
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 12 November 2006 - 05:22 PM

There are 2 errors that have been frequently occuring. The sources labeled as "ESENT" and another as "SceCli"

ESENT: services (224) Database recovery/restore failed with unexpected error -1808.

SceCli: Security policies are propagated with warning. 0x8 : Not enough storage is available to process this command.

I don't know if these errors have anything to do with the problem, but that's all that is there.

Note: I had recently deleted C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield folder to help solve another issue that I later found was caused by a corrupt disk. After I restarted my computer, the error message started to appear. Would this have any significance towards this?

#4 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  

Posted 12 November 2006 - 09:52 PM

Press the Window key + R(Between the Ctrl and Alt keys on the left) type sfc /scannow. It must be entered as I have it shown.

Edited by acklan, 12 November 2006 - 09:56 PM.

#5 BurntToast777

BurntToast777
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 13 November 2006 - 02:50 PM

I just finished the Windows File Protection and many system files in the Event Viewer have this message
"The protected system file c:\winnt\system32\"insert name here".exe could not be restored to its original, valid version. The file version of the bad file is 5.0.2195.6707 The specific error code is 0x800b0100 [No signature was present in the subject.
].

#6 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  

Posted 13 November 2006 - 05:14 PM

Does the error actually say"c:\winnt\system32\"insert name here".exe", or is this shorthand for every error. I need the name of a few of the files that have produced errors.

#7 BurntToast777

BurntToast777
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 13 November 2006 - 06:12 PM

Yeah it's just a shorthand, there were quite a bit of them.

Some of the file names were regedit.exe, ntdsutil.exe, encinst.exe, accwiz.exe, at.exe, cacls.exe, cipher.exe, cluster.exe, cmstp.exe, dfrgntfs.exe, diskperf.exe, esentutl.exe, msswchx.exe.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users