Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Possible Virus

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 wayne_uk

wayne_uk

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:15 PM

Posted 03 November 2006 - 12:47 PM

Hi guys,
I did an online virus scan and it came up with "DeepScan generig mitglied 7C10C7AD"
Anyone have any advice on this, i have looked on the web but can't find any reference.
help appreciated
wayne

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,596 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:15 PM

Posted 03 November 2006 - 02:27 PM

What online scanner did you use? You say in your title it found a possible virus. Did the online scan take any action to remove it?

What OS (Win XP/2000, etc) are you using? What type of anti-virus are you using and when was the last time you ran a scan? Have you performed any anti-spyware scans? Have your tried doing your scans in "SAFE MODE"?
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#3 wayne_uk

wayne_uk
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  

Posted 03 November 2006 - 05:13 PM

Hi Quiet,
The system is xp pro, i use AVG with zone alarm, the last scan with AVG was Monday.
The on-line scan was a-squared web malware scanner,
BitDefender Online Scanner found nothing nor did trend micro, so it's just a query i also use spy-bot and i have not done any scans in safe mode.
I am not having any problems with the computer just wondered what was found.
thanks
wayne

Edited by wayne_uk, 03 November 2006 - 05:13 PM.

#4 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,596 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:15 PM

Posted 04 November 2006 - 07:13 AM

If all other online scans are not finding anything and your computer is running fine, then it sounds like your system is ok. Its a good practice to run your anti-virus and anti-malware scans in safe mode from time to time. The Windows operating system protects files when they are being accessed by an application or a program. Hackers know this so they will write malware that can insert itself and hide in these protected areas when the files are being used. Using Safe Mode reduces the number of modules requesting files to only the essentials to make your computer functional. This in turn reduces the number of hiding places for malware, making it easier to find and delete the offending files. Using Safe Mode also speeds up the scanning process.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#5 wayne_uk

wayne_uk
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  

Posted 05 November 2006 - 07:42 PM

Cheers Quiet,
thanks for the help
wayne

#6 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,260 posts
  •  

Posted 05 November 2006 - 08:14 PM

Wayne, ever heard of "Egghead Cafe.com"?
“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users