Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How To Find Delete Mail

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 rcechser

rcechser

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:51 AM

Posted 03 November 2006 - 11:44 AM

can someone tell me how i find delete mail from my work email that i delete on my home computer. is it possible thanks in advance.

Moderator Edit: Moved topic to more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

Edited by Animal, 03 November 2006 - 02:06 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Walkman

Walkman

• Banned
  • 1,327 posts
  •  

Posted 03 November 2006 - 11:53 AM

I'm not sure if there are any free software out there to do such, but below are 2 softwares that may help you out.

Recover My Files
GetDataBack

#3 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,090 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:51 AM

Posted 03 November 2006 - 12:49 PM

Free: http://www.pcinspector.de (IMO it's as powerful as GetDataBack - but a bit more difficult to use).
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#4 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,850 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:51 AM

Posted 03 November 2006 - 02:09 PM

If you have not deleted the mail from your server at work. Resend the mail. If you have deleted it from the server. Use one of the tools previously mentioned. Good Luck

Be (Look before you delete) Safe :thumbsup:

Da Bleepin AniMod, Animal

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#5 Walkman

Walkman

• Banned
  • 1,327 posts
  •  

Posted 03 November 2006 - 07:33 PM

Free: http://www.pcinspector.de (IMO it's as powerful as GetDataBack - but a bit more difficult to use).

I have to remember that one.. I started using it over this past week, but I forgot all about using it, being that I've tried numerous softwares to retrieve the data off of a hd, and still I need to try more methods/softwares. But that is a good piece of software, considering it's free too. That's something we all should have in the arsenal.

#6 rcechser

rcechser
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 06 November 2006 - 03:48 PM

I downloaded the pc inspector can someone tell me what type of file that it would be it gives me alot of choices but mostly jpg,avi,etc,,, sorry I am not to good with this kind of stuff.

thanks

#7 Walkman

Walkman

• Banned
  • 1,327 posts
  •  

Posted 07 November 2006 - 02:59 AM

Since you said you deleted the file, you need to use the Recover Deleted Files method.
Pre
1. Start PC Inspector
2. Select the 1st option (Recover deleted files)
3. After it analyzes your compuet, it will go to Logical Drive window.
4. Select the drive your deleted file is on. (probably will be Drive C:)
5. Select the green check button on the right side. It's going to list all files that have been deleted on that drive.
6. Click on the trash can icon in the left window that says "Deleted"

You should now see a list of all files that were deleted from that drive.

7. Click on the file or folder you want, then on the left side of the left window, select the 2nd button from the top, which will say (when you mouse over it) Save file/directory.
8. Select where you want to save the file. Since the file was deleted, on the save screen, you wantto make sure no FAT (consecutive) is selected.

That should do it.

Hope that helps!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users