Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

No Audio From Cd

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 4catsme

4catsme

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:10 PM

Posted 02 November 2006 - 10:40 PM

Hi to all.
This afternoon I was listening to CD's with no problems. This evening I put a different CD in the WMP and I have no audio. I have no volume muted, I know that my speakers are working as when I sign in to MSN, it greets me just fine. I don't know what to do. :thumbsup: I checked device manager and it says it is working.
Any help will be greatly appreciated, preferably before I pull all my hair out.
Maryellen

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 stevealmighty

stevealmighty

Bleepin' WormBreath

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  

Posted 06 November 2006 - 03:16 PM

Hi 4catsme! Try going into the control panel (Start>Settings>Control panel or Start>Control Panel depending on how windows is configured) and double click on "Sounds and Audio Devices". A window should pop up. Click on the "Advanced" button (it should open by default to the "Sound" tab), and another window will pop up. Ensure that "CD Audio" isn't muted or turned down. You can (should?) go through all your other settings and double check them.

Alternately, I've tried to play some CD's (newer ones that my son has purchased) in my computer and it won't allow me to play them! I believe it's a copy right issue, where they (the manufacturer/music company) is protecting their music from being illegally shared by those who would copy the music to their hard drives then share it over the internet. Does it do it on all the CD's or just one (or a few)? If it only does it on one or two CD's, then I'd say it's a copy right issue, and not a computer issue.

Let us know how you make out with this issue!!! :thumbsup:
War produces veterans, wounded both physically and mentally. They have sacrificed for us.....and it is now our job to help these veterans, as they have already helped us in ways we will never know, in ways that we cannot fathom, and in ways that we take granted every day.
Posted Image

#3 4catsme

4catsme
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 06 November 2006 - 07:34 PM

Thanks for the help. Sure enough the other CD's still play. Just that one. :thumbsup:

#4 stevealmighty

stevealmighty

Bleepin' WormBreath

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  

Posted 07 November 2006 - 07:21 AM

Glad I could help!

I've had people tell me that updating the drivers for your drive might fix this, but I've had nothing solid for proof, just hearsay.
War produces veterans, wounded both physically and mentally. They have sacrificed for us.....and it is now our job to help these veterans, as they have already helped us in ways we will never know, in ways that we cannot fathom, and in ways that we take granted every day.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users