Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help! What's Computer's Better...

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Munchkin789

Munchkin789

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:31 AM

Posted 02 November 2006 - 07:03 PM

Hi, I'm new and I really need your guys' help. I'm looking for a lap-top (notebook) that I can

not only use for school work such as writing papers, making power-points, etc. But I also need to be able to

play my 'WarCraft' game and have internet. I don't really know all that much about computers, as you can

see but I would really like your help. So if you could please tell me your recommendation of what

specific brand/type of lap-top I should get, that would be very much appreciated. Thank you. And if it helps

here's what my 'WarCraft' game requires....(I'm copying it from the back of the box, I don't know what any

of it is).....

Windowa 98*Grinler 2000XP
400 MHz Fentium ll or equivalent
128 MB of RAM
8 MB 3D video card (TNT, i810, Voodoo 3, Rage 128 equivalent or better) with DirectX 8.1 support
1.3 GB available hard drive space
4x CD-ROM drive or better

Macintosh OS 9.0 or higher/ Mac OS X 10.13 or higher
400 MHz G3
128 MB of RAM
16 MB ATl Technologies or nVidia chipset 3D video card
1.3 G3 HD space
4x CD-ROM drive

Recommended
600 MHz processor
256 MB of RAM
32 MB 3D video card
DirectX 8.1 compatible sound card

Multiplayer
Low-latency, active Internet connection reated 28.8 Kbps or faster
LAN play requires TCP/lP connection

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  

Posted 03 November 2006 - 12:11 AM

Any laptop they sell new will work. It would take a OLD(say 5 years old) laptop to not be able to play that game.

When buying a laptop just look on the box for its specs and make sure the thing has more than the min. requirements for the game and your set.

#3 Munchkin789

Munchkin789
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 05 November 2006 - 10:42 AM

:thumbsup: :flowers: :trumpet: :inlove: Thanks for your input.

And any further input would be further appreciated as well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users