Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Widescreen Laptop Only Displaying Like Square Screen

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 sherry794

sherry794

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:17 PM

Posted 02 November 2006 - 06:38 PM

I tried to fix something else so I have no idea what I did to make the screen not display in widescreen mode. It looks fine and everything else works, but there is about 1.5 inches on each side of screen that should be part of the screen that is just black. Please help!!! LOL I just don't know what I did!!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 HitSquad

HitSquad

You're Bleepin' or you're Weepin'

• Members
  • 1,573 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:17 PM

Posted 03 November 2006 - 08:22 AM

Hi sherry794, welcome to BC. :thumbsup:

You said:

I tried to fix something else so I have no idea what I did to make the screen not display in widescreen mode.

What did you try to fix?
Without knowing what that was, my first suggestion would be to make sure your screen resolution is set at the default 1280X800. Right click an empty area of the desktop and select "Properties" then click the "Settings" tab to do so.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users