Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Removed Brave Sentry...

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 stupidbutwarm

stupidbutwarm

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:14 PM

Posted 02 November 2006 - 02:21 PM

hi, i recently used these forums to remove the 'Brave Sentry' virus from my computer... but no i have noticed that even though i use firefox, explorer is trying to send e-mails (using zonealarm to stop them...) and i have several strange .exe's running and appearing.... everytime i start my computer i have to do ctrl alt and delete to end _mzu_stonedrv3.exe running...

looking in my System folder, i have found these .exe's which i think are dodgy.... any help!?

thematri1hasyou.exe
_mzu_stonedrv3.exe
testtestt.exe
image1.gif.exe
maxd641.exe
wzctes40.exe
wsodow.exe
video2.exe
efefe.exe
sefer.exe
pro2.exe
regular_plugin.exe
efvefefe.exe
a0f4d926.exe
thin-94-5-x-x.exe

some of them maybe ok, i don't know... but i know a few are dodgy! how do i get rid of them?

thanks so much....

peace,

tim x

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 DaveM59

DaveM59

Bleepin' Grandpa

• Members
  • 1,355 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:14 PM

Posted 02 November 2006 - 03:01 PM

Please read This guide and follow all the steps, then post a HijackThis log in that forum. You have diagnosed your system correctly, your computer is still infected.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users