Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Microsoft Outlook 2002

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 stevealmighty

stevealmighty

Bleepin' WormBreath

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:37 PM

Posted 02 November 2006 - 01:46 PM

At work we use Microsoft Outlook 2002, and one of the computer techs set up a calendar to be shared amongst everyone in our building. I can find the calendar, and I can add it to favorites, but I can't get it to come up as my primary calendar when I cilck on "Calendar" under "Outlook Today" (the tree menu on the right).

How do I select this calendar to appear as my default calendar when I open up Outlook, instead of having to open it via favorites?

Thanks in advance for any help! :thumbsup:
War produces veterans, wounded both physically and mentally. They have sacrificed for us.....and it is now our job to help these veterans, as they have already helped us in ways we will never know, in ways that we cannot fathom, and in ways that we take granted every day.
Posted Image

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 HitSquad

HitSquad

You're Bleepin' or you're Weepin'

• Members
  • 1,573 posts
  •  

Posted 02 November 2006 - 03:20 PM

Hi Steve.
As far as I know, you can't switch default calendars.
What you can do is add a new calendar which will appear side-by-side with your default calendar in the same window.
In Outlook, click File>New>Folder.
Give the calendar the name you want then select "Calendar Items" from the drop down menu in the "Folder Contains" box then click OK.
Next you'll have to map it to the new calendar's location.
Right click your new calendar and select properties.
Click the "Homepage" tab and use the "browse" button to the location of the new calendar, click OK.
When you open outlook today, click "Calendar" like you normally would. You will see the new calendar you created listed under "My Calendars". Click your new calendar and it will appear side-by-side with the default calendar. You can toggle between the two as well if you like.
The only drawback is that reminders only function in the default calendar.

Edited by HitSquad, 02 November 2006 - 03:21 PM.

#3 stevealmighty

stevealmighty

Bleepin' WormBreath

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  

Posted 02 November 2006 - 08:16 PM

Thanks HitSquad! I'll give it a go when I get into work tomorrow morning! :thumbsup:
War produces veterans, wounded both physically and mentally. They have sacrificed for us.....and it is now our job to help these veterans, as they have already helped us in ways we will never know, in ways that we cannot fathom, and in ways that we take granted every day.
Posted Image

#4 stevealmighty

stevealmighty

Bleepin' WormBreath

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  

Posted 03 November 2006 - 10:13 AM

Ok, I gave it a go around, and I can't find out where to map it to. I went up to the secretaries computer, where the calendar was created (although I believe that the folder itself resides on an external server on the other side of post), and I didn't see where the location of the calendar was. Can you (or anyone) tell me how to find this out (find out where the location of the calendar folder is)?

Thanks!
Posted Image

#5 HitSquad

HitSquad

You're Bleepin' or you're Weepin'

• Members
  • 1,573 posts
  •  

Posted 04 November 2006 - 06:55 AM

Hi again Steve.
You said in your original post that you were able to locate the calendar and add it to your favorites list.
I'm assuming this means it has a url address. (web file)
When you right click your new calendar>properties>homepage tab, enter the url address as the location on the home page tab in the "address:" dialog box. You also want to make sure there is a check mark in "Show home page by default for this folder". Click ok.
If the calendar does not use a web address, then you click the browse button on the home page tab, change the "files of type" from web files to "all files" using the drop down arrow. If your workstation is denied access or can't see the drive the file resides on then it's up to IT wether or not they'll let you do this.
Like I said, I'm assuming the location is a url and you shouldn't have a problem.
Let me know. :thumbsup:

Edited by HitSquad, 04 November 2006 - 07:12 AM.

#6 stevealmighty

stevealmighty

Bleepin' WormBreath

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  

Posted 06 November 2006 - 08:47 AM

Upon coming into work this morning, it appears that our IMO (IT) was in over the weekend and mapped the calendar for everyone here.

Thanks for the help anyways HitSquad! :thumbsup:
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users