Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Question? If I Buy Zone Alarm, Avg, Spysweeper Or Other Programs

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Marlon

Marlon

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:06 AM

Posted 01 November 2006 - 07:58 PM

Please educate me.

I have been trying to get help for WEEKS. What am I doing wrong.

My computer is running very slow, sometimes it won't even go anywhere. And to make matters worse, I am conpuer illiterate. Would it help if I buy the said mentioned programs?

In need of any ones expert help.

Very Humbly,

Marlon

P.S. I AM RUNNING WINDOWS XP HOME, SERVICE PACK 2, AMD ATHLON XP 2200 / 1.79 GHz, 352 MB RAM

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:06 AM

Posted 01 November 2006 - 08:22 PM

First, you submitted a log on Tuesday. Remember than logs are taken on a first-posted, first worked basis and there were probably other members ahead of you in the queue. I am sure a member of our volunteer team of malware experts will be able to help you soon.
Second, the applications you mentioned are either free, or have free editions (minus some bells and whistles perhaps, but still completely functional).
Whether you install these will depend on what you are currently using (or not using) for:
1. Your resident Anti-virus
2. Your software firewall
3. Your anti-spyware applications
Please reply and tell us what you are currently using. Only then can anyone advise you on what you need. Certainly using protective applications can both prevent further infections, and help find and eliminate those you might already have.
However, until a HJT team member has reviewed your log, and worked with you to eliminate any malware the log indicates, please be patient and do not download and run any NEW software, with the exception of a firewall. The reason for this is that using the new applications will invalidate the log you have submitted, and make the whole process confusing for both you and the team member.
Keeping the process orderly may appear to be more time-consuming, but actually will produce faster and more certain results.
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users