Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't D/l Nero 6 Clean Tool,several Different Attempts

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 georgia

georgia

• Members
  • 567 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:25 AM

Posted 01 November 2006 - 11:06 AM

I have been in several DVD forums and am at my wits end.
I need to clean out Nero 6 and do a fresh D/L and it is best to use the Clean Tool rather than the Add/Remove b/c of the Registry entries.

I have tried the English Nero Clean Tool 6 site, as well as international sites suggested and even an "fttp." copy and paste suggested and get the following on all attempts:

The green blocks on the Down Load site move slowly horizontally across the Window as if the D/L is working and then I get the message " Page is not available" and also an error message on my task bar at the bottom that says "cannot find server."

The notebook is clean and all my other d/l's are fine, except for this one and I really need to access it to do a clean reinstall.

I am really frustrated and don't know what to do.
I am on high speed and have no problems with other programs.

I would really appreciate suggestions as I need to do this clean up as soon as possible, thankyou.
Talent is a flame. Genius is a fire.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:25 AM

Posted 01 November 2006 - 11:17 AM

Could you provide a link to the site you're trying to use?
Have you cleaned out your temp files?
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 georgia

georgia
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 567 posts
  •  

Posted 04 November 2006 - 03:29 AM

Thought that I should post here in case other member have a similar problem. After days of trial and error and googling and posting in forums I finally found and fixed the problem.

The error that I got in reaching the Nero site for Nero 6 Clean Tool said "The page cannot be displayed" and as well the task bar had the error " cannot find server". Everyone said I had a virus or nastie and I knew that i didn't as this notebook has never had one and I update and scan regularly and my techie checks it out regularly. My notebook is used for work/

The issue was solved by me going back to the original error page and re- reading it "The page cannot be displayed and there were items to check out. I did.

I found :
1. SSL 2.0 checked off
2. SSL checked off
3. TSL NOT checked off and so I checked it off (apparently this is the default setting with no check)
4. PCT 1.0 Was not on my notebook so no action could be taken

I tried to d/l the nero clean tool from the site and could not and then a message came up from the Security Centre on my notebook saying part or all of the program is blocked. Did I want to Unblock it. I of course said yes.

Then I tried again to d/l and the same error.
So I decided to go to the CP and disable the XP sp2 firewall and try again to d/l and still the same error.

I then went and disconnected my Router and had the Modem go straight to the notebook and to my happy amazement it did work.
I had tried this before without the checking off of the TSL and disabling the Firewall and the direct connection from my modem to my notebook would not allow my d/l.

So I did all the d/l's for the nero clean tool 6, Driver Cleaner and Registry Cleaner and put them in a folder on my desktop for the future if needed and I also did a d/l of the 2 packages of the most stable 6.6.0.18 and saved them in a folder on my desk top.

i would like to save them to a flash drive so that I have 2 copies, but I believe I will have to export them and i don't want to lose them off my desk top. The reason that I want to do that is b/c the 6.6.0.18 may not be available much longer for d/l b/c of the new vers 7 that is out and is buggy as my bro says, he is back to using my version listed here.
Tomorrow I may save the files to a floppy as I don't want to go through this ordeal again. It took 2 days of detective work to figure it out by trial and error posts to forums without solutions and then me finally just fiddling around.

I don't know if I should leave this TLS 1.0 checked or not as I don't know what all of these are about.

I reenabled my sp2 fire wall and connected my cables back to my Router so I am back to normal.

I don't know why Nero is so picky to do any d/l's as I can d/l zip files from other sites and simply other files.

Any comments would be appreciated, thankyou.

#4 Walkman

Walkman

• Banned
  • 1,327 posts
  •  

Posted 04 November 2006 - 04:40 AM

Hopefully this will be the best comment you'll hear about this situation...

STOP USING NERO.... PERIOD!!!

I've used Nero, all the way upto v6.?.?.? . Nero is bundled with a bunch of crap, and as far as my personal opinion, I believe these problems occurred when I was using Nero.

1. Converting .avi or the like to .VOB (VIDEO_TS) format caused quite a bit of my movies to get those "green blocks" in them. When I stopped using Nero, not a single movie ever had the green blocks in them.

2. Transferring "data" to discs, (dvd or cd). I've used brand new media and all of the files I wanted to backup were all perfectly fine, but backing them up with Nero, and still selecting "Verify The Integrity" of the finished data would tell you that your media is all ok, and it's a perfect copy of the data. But then when the time comes to when I need to load something off of one of those discs, I'm constantly hit with the "Redundant Re-something? error. I'll screen shot it the next time. But it's an error telling you that the disc is probably corrupt. I've gotten that error many times. The discs are getting corrupt using certain burning softwares. That the case with me using Nero.

I do not put data/movies on dvd using Nero at all. I still have it loaded on my computer, but I haven't used it since October of 2005.

But I guess argument with Nero is also, the bull crap you have to go to just to uninstall it off of your computer. Nero, incase you didn't know it, transmits back to the Internet. I've had programs blocking it from accessing the Net. So I know it does. There is a nice FREE program that does what Nero does, but it's not bundled with all their spyware either. I've informed people before, that there are 2 programs, (now I found this new FREE one), that will take the place of Nero, and it's not bundled with all their crap, and does an excellent job too.

Every time I think of Nero I get really pissed. They were good at first, but I believe money and greed got in their way, and their quality has gone to the dogs since then. But,, since it's just the most popular, people believe they're getting a good program. WRONG.... Nero isn't even considered good anymore, at least not in my book. I wouldn't and haven't even entertained the though of getting their v7. That dog won't hunt.

DeepBurner is one good/great FREE program for your burning needs.... and there is another one, that allows you to do menus and all of that what Nero does. It may be the same software (DeepBurner), but it's a Pro edition. I think that's the one... but either way, at least get the BeepBurner... you'll like it, and you'll save yourself a bunch of headaches with software’s that refuse to leave you alone when you command it to.

Anytime you have to go online to remove a software from your computer, isn't worth having nor installing. If I can't get rid of it offline, I don't want it. But guess what?.... they'll never tell you that until you try to remove it. By then you're really pissed.

By the way, get either Advanced Uninstaller Pro, or something similar, and from this point on, monitor every thing you "install" on your computer. That way, the software’s can normally remove them whether you're on the Internet or not.

Some of these software’s I've learned since being here on this forum, and some I've known about. But this is a great place to learn about many different software’s.

Edited by Walkman, 04 November 2006 - 04:45 AM.

#5 georgia

georgia
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 567 posts
  •  

Posted 04 November 2006 - 06:57 PM

I really appreciate your post, the app is really >>> :inlove: :thumbsup: I simply could not believe what I had to go through to do a d/l and all of the unhooking of cables from the Router, disabling the firewall....neither of what I wanted to do.

What I really don't get is when I explained all of this to the Nero forum, nobody responded like you have. Everyone chimed in that there is no issue of doing a d/l for the General Clean Tool or the Driver Clean Tool and Registry checker and the d/l for the supposed most stable version 6.6.0.18

Now I hear the true story from you, I really want to look up both of the programs that you mentioned and especially that uninstall app.

When you had Nero on your computer, did you use the Cleaner for version 6, driver clean tool and the registry checker to rid of the program??? and then check with that uninstaller program that you mentioned???

In the whole Nero forum I seemed to be the only one that expressed these problems???

I really felt like this was me >>>> :flowers:

I will look up Deep Burn and as well that uninstaller program and I would appreciate your comments on ridding of the program as the Nero forum seems to be full of fans!! :trumpet:

Best regards and thx!!!

#6 Walkman

Walkman

• Banned
  • 1,327 posts
  •  

Posted 04 November 2006 - 11:57 PM

I never used any Nero Cleaner Tools. Personally, I don't know why they need to have such a tool anyway. A person should be able to uninstall programs without having to go to web sites. Suppose you didn't have Internet access?... then what?. Those companies are slick, or at least they try.

The way I've uninstalled it on one of my computers was with the Add/Remove Programs, and with a registry cleaner called Respledent Registry Manager... you can find it here:
http://www.resplendence.com It's a trial version, but you'll have plenty of time to use it. Upto 30 Days.

With the Add/Remove Programs, you should see the Nero program listed as Nero Suite. Click on that and hit the Remove button. It will uninstall pretty much all of the Nero, I think.

After it finishes the uninstalling it, load up the registry program, and when it's open, click on the manifying glass (that's the search function). Once you're on the search page you're going to do searches and deletions. You want to search for Nero, InCD, Ahead, NeroVision.

Although Nero should be enough for any word connected to it, you never know.

In the search area you'll have 2 area to concentrate on.
1. Text or data to search for. In the text box, type in what you're looking for.. Nero.
2. Where to search. In that text area either leave it blank, so it can search your entire regisrty, or if it's filled with something else, delete it out, and type in Registry.. or just leave it blank.
3. What to look for. There are 5 check boxes there. the first 3 should be checked. And they are:
Key names
Value names
Data

The other 2,
Case sensitive
Expand enviroment strings

aren't important, so you can leave them blank.

When you type in Nero in the search, just watch as it'll find any and all references of Nero and display them as it finds them. When it's finished, you want to highlight ALL of what it found, and when you hit the DELETE button, make absolutely sure you click on DELETE THE KEYS AND VALUES selection.

Do that for all occurances of each search result. But make sure the Where to search text box is either blank or has the word Registry listed in there.

CAUTION: Make absolutely sure you're deleting what you intend to delete. Deleting the wrong registry key/values can render your computer inoperable. But I never had a single incident.

So, if you type in Nero, and it finds a load of hits, you can be sure it's Nero. After doing your cleaning of the registry, simply reboot your computer.

If you want, there is a FREE registry cleaner called Eusing FREE Registry Cleaner, and you can 1st use it to backup your registry, then use the other registry cleaner to do the cleaning. Eusing doesn't have a search function though, so that's why you wantto use the other one 1st. You can get Eusing Registry Cleaner by going to http://www.eusing.com As a matter of fact, this registry cleaner will find and delete unused registry keys/values, and it'll help your computer to run faster too. Try it... just remember to make a backup of the registry, and if, ...if, something should seem out of place or the computer doesn't respond the way it should, you can always hit the Restore Registry, and it'll restore the registry back to where it was.

Hope that helps!

#7 georgia

georgia
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 567 posts
  •  

Posted 05 November 2006 - 11:21 PM

Yes indeed, this does help. I have not responded earlier than now as trying to get rid of nero with their alleged cleaners corrupted my IE, OE, amongst other programs after I got these corrected going into the Safe mode and found the major corrupted file was my Ulead Movie Factory which I use for my Hauppauge Win TV PVR USB 2 which I use to convert my video library into DVD.

I have spent 4 days now with this :thumbsup: Nero. Since I could get into my forums or IE until now I am going to take a tackle of what you have explained above.
I believe that there is still some Nero in my Registy, however I do have my corrupt programs back. I took me 7 hrs of eliminating until I found the Ulead Movie Factory to be the key.

I agree with you, why should one have to use a Tool off the internet to rid of a program.

This "Eusing" program, is it user friendly??

I am going to look at it tomorrow.
Right now it is late and I don't want to mess up what I have working, but I indeed appreciate your comments.

I am going to google the Deep Burn, all I want is a reliable program in the event that my 1 click dvd copy does not work.

I have never had to remove Nero before and have d/l versions before with my router connected and the sp2 firewall on and no trouble.
This all seems too invasive by Nero requiring me to disconnect and disable my protection for my notebook.

You obviously are an experienced user and I thankyou for taking the time to provide recommendations.

No one as I said at the Nero Forum said anything about my problems. They say I am the only one to ever have such issues????

Best Regards and again thankyou

#8 Walkman

Walkman

• Banned
  • 1,327 posts
  •  

Posted 06 November 2006 - 12:55 AM

The Eusing program is very user friendly. Basically all you need to do when you load it up is Do a Registry Backup 1st. After that, just hit the

Scan registry issue.... then after it's complete, just click on the Repair registry issue. And that's it. Make sure to reboot after doing any registry cleaning.

It's always ashame that you have to 1st install a program just to find out there is no uninstaller for it. I simply call it deception on the software makers of such programs, and the companies/web sites that sell them. It's also very strange that you have to let all of your protection down just to uninstall Nero. That's very suspicious of them.

Also, if you haven't already, download and use the Advanced Uninstaller Pro on everything you install on your computer. Even when doing a Windows Update. I hope you're not allowing your computer to update automatically. You should always do a manual update. I have no exceptions to that rule.

No one as I said at the Nero Forum said anything about my problems. They say I am the only one to ever have such issues????

Well, you have to agree with them... only because no one has ever been wise enough to want to uninstall it after they got it installed. I'm one of the wise ones, and you can include yourself as one too.

When you're done with all, you'll soon realize that you can install upto 3 seperate programs that are wayyy smaller in file size put together, yet do what Nero does... and some.

#9 georgia

georgia
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 567 posts
  •  

Posted 06 November 2006 - 08:22 AM

Thx again for the reply, at present I use Tune up 6 which includes a Reg Cleaner and Defragmenter and the cleaner has a back up and it has an optimizer feature with it that I really like and find that it does really make a difference in improving the speed on the notebook.

I wondered out of the 2 Reg cleaners that you mentioned the free Eusing and the Respendent Registry Cleaner what is the major difference in the 2 and what would make one more desireable than the other.

I had been using Reg Supreme until a few months back when I found it simply was not doing the job. With this Tune up 6 I don't have to Reboot after the Reg Clean which saves time and it really does the job.
The Beta version is out next year and this version is $39 US which I considered not bad for what it does for me.

But I am always willing to look at other programs and see what users have to say. You can get this Tune up 6 for a thirty day trial right now and I knew a Beta tester of it and he was the one who recommended it to me. And unlike some of the trials that software companies give you all options are available for the full 30 days and it is good to send queries into them before you consider buying it as they know that you have it on Trial.
I only mention it as it is my program of choice at the moment.

Just as the paid Perfect Disk is my Defrag program, and I really like how it functions.

I hope to here some comments from you as you again seem very knowledgeable.
Cheers and best regards! :thumbsup: and thankyou for your time :flowers:

#10 Walkman

Walkman

• Banned
  • 1,327 posts
  •  

Posted 07 November 2006 - 07:23 AM

The Resplendent to me is more robust. It has many features that the Eusing doesn't have. Actually, too many to mention. The Eusing is easier to use, and very user friendly. On the other hand, the more you use the Resplendent, it'll get you familiar with many aspects of registry cleaners, so by using scaleddown versions of them wouldn't be so intimidating.

But, I have to say this..... if you're using any program, and it works well for you and does it's job, there is really no need in using anything else.. not unless the other program can do more than what you already have.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users