Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Replacing Win98 Shell / Making A Program Auto-start

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Mark hayenga

Mark hayenga

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:37 PM

Posted 01 November 2006 - 09:39 AM

Hey guys,

I need to have a Win98 system boot, and then immediately start a program - I can't have the desktop or anything visible in between the startup image (ostensibly the win98 image with the scrolling bar at the bottom, but I've replaced that with my own logo). Anyway, after my logo shows up it then loads the desktop complete with icons and whatnot, but I need it to go from that startup screen directly to an application (don't ever want to see a desktop/icons/taskbar/etc). Can I replace explorer.exe as my shell with my executable program, or will that not work? Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Mark

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users