Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Online Crash

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Peter Lohmar

Peter Lohmar

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:21 AM

Posted 20 December 2004 - 09:38 PM

I recently downlaoded the latest WinXP security updates, and after about 15 minutes on line, browsing, etc. I get a blue screen with the following message:

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Sent the error message to Microsoft via the automatic error reporting option, and got a message back to the effect that it's either a problem with recently installed hardware (not so; haven't) or software....hmmm, the only thing(s) I've installed are the MS security updates since Dec 14-15 and some of the periodic AVG Free AV updates. I tend to discount the latter as a possibility. Tried a system restore (suggested by the message) and seems like all OK--until I install those security updates again.

For now, have uninstalled them but was wondering if anyone else is running into issues with the security updates, or should I be looking for something else?

Thanks for any ideas.

Peter

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,640 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:21 AM

Posted 23 December 2004 - 03:16 PM

You may want to download the latest drivers for your video card, sound card, network card, etc and see if that fixes the problem. These errrors are usually resulted by hardware cnflicts, maybe with the new sp2 upgrade

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users