Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I Need Help Deciding Which Computer To Buy.

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 ddragonn

ddragonn

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:06 AM

Posted 31 October 2006 - 06:07 PM

I am looking to buy a new computer for general web browsing, gaming (nothing demanding), word prossesor, pictures and some vidio editing.

I have it down to 2 systems but I'm not sure which is the better deal.
Coputer #1 Refurished from Dell ($300)
Specs.

Dimension E521 Small Mini-Tower: AMD Sempron 3400+ (1.8 GHz) Genuine Windows XP Media Center 2005
Dimension E521 Small Mini-Tower: AMD Sempron 3400+ (1.8 GHz)
Certified Refurbished
No Speakers
AOL 9.0 ISP Software
Windows Media Player
USB 2 Button Mouse
AOL 9.0 ISP Software
Roxio Creator, My DVD LE
USB Keyboard
512 MB DDR2 SDRAM 533MHz (1 DIMM)
No Raid
Operating System CD
Service Software
Dell Direct Download
Genuine Windows XP Media Center 2005
AOL ISP Software
Photo Album 6.0 Starter
AOL 8.0 ISP Software
AOL Software Documentation
AOL ISP Software
Microsoft Works 8.5
ISP Software
Net Zero ISP
Wild Tangent Gaming Client
No Floppy Drive
Support Software
V.92/56K PCI DataFax Modem
Image Restore Software
ONLINE TRAINING
ISP Search Assist
Label
Adobe Acrobat 7.0 Reader
Music Match 10.1 Software
Label
160 GB SATA Hard Drive (7200RPM)
Trend Micro PC-cillin with AntiVirus, 90 Day
Sonic Cineplayer
Shipping Material
16X DVD +/- RW w/dbl layer write capability

Computer # 2 Costum built sold on ebay ($250)
Specs.

One of a kind, Custom gaming or workstation computer.

This auction is for a custom computer built by myself. This is a brand new computer, Just run long enough to install windows, download all updates, and stress test. All parts just purchased new just for this build.

Hardware, AMD Athlon 64 3400+ Venice CPU, Biostar KV8 Motherboard, 512 MB DDR 400 PC3200 Ram, ATI Radeon 9800 Pro 128 MB Video Card, Maxtor 160 GB 7200 rpm Hard Drive, Lite-On 16x DVD Burner, Sony Floppy Drive, Thermaltake 430 watt Power Supply, Raidmax Case.

The case has a custom one of a kind paint job, it was painted to match the motherboard! I also cut out all fan grills and added led fans. If you like black and red this is the computer for you! I have over 8 hours of time in to just the case.

It also has many other extra's like round IDE and floppy cables, 4x 80mm white led fans (2 side intake and 2 rear exhaust), a 120mm white led fan (front intake), 2 front USB ports, 2 rear USB ports, on board 6 channel sound, on board LAN, and to finish it off the AMD case badge!

This is a FAST computer and can handle just about anything you can throw at it. It is overclocked to 2.7Ghz! That's the equavilant of an intel running at about 3.8 Ghz!!!! It could do more, But I did not want to push it. It's rock stable at this speed, passes Prime95 (well over 24 hours), Memtest, and 3dmark with no problems.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:06 AM

Posted 31 October 2006 - 08:10 PM

Go for pc number two but you act like you already know that?

This is a FAST computer and can handle just about anything you can throw at it.

#3 ddragonn

ddragonn
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:06 AM

Posted 31 October 2006 - 08:28 PM

The description of computer #2 is the ebay listing. Its what the seller thinks of it. But thanks for the info.

#4 ussr1943

ussr1943

• Members
  • 490 posts
  •  

Posted 31 October 2006 - 08:58 PM

id go for comp 2 the only thing is what you want you may not exactly get. the first one has some good things but then it has some bad like all the AOL bundled stuff.
ebay has good bargins and as a matter of fact i got this comp and upgraded to 1.5 gigs and a radieon 1600 pro iceq and so on all under 300$, it will run any game out right now. but the guy i got it from put a not pirated/ect. copy of windows on it witch makes me a little bit p.o.ed cuz i cant get alot of support from microsoft, and when i tryed to talk to the guy he would never reply to me numerous emails and so on, i gave him bad feedback, and under the microsoft thing to get a free copy of XP i cant do anything becuase i dont even have a copy of the CD or the CD key. but not all is like that. one thing though is my friend buaght a vinatge sax for real cheap from china, and when he got it it was a brand new one, but it wasnt the one he was promised, and when he went to chekc the serial it belonged to a tuba! so he is currently working on getting people to help bring down who ever is passing off fakes. but yeah when you buy from a store you have a security, but when you buy online its not always a guarenteed thing. good luck with what ever you do.
"Ideas are far more powerful than guns."
"The only truly secure system is one that is powered off, cast in a block of concrete and sealed in a lead-lined room with armed guards -- and even then I have my doubts." --Eugene H. Spafford
"One man's terrorist is another's freedom fighter"

#5 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  

Posted 31 October 2006 - 09:17 PM

Oh I see now. Yes go for number two. The first is slow next to number two. Do not worry about custom built computers. Use paypal so you can be safe or a postal money order so you have insurance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users