Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Lose Wireless Connection After Reboot

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Crizz44

Crizz44

• Members
  • 496 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:39 AM

Posted 31 October 2006 - 05:21 PM

I am working on a Dell Laptop with an integrated wireless adapter. And a Linksys WRT54G version 2 wireless router. I connect the laptop thru the wired NIC and have no problems connecting. Then I run the Linksys software program for wireless installation and I get the wireless connection. A WEP key is used and put on the laptop. I stay connected thru the wireless with no problems until I reboot and the connection is gone. I click on the wireless connection and it does not find any in range. If I run the Linksys software it connects again and runs fine. There are 2 other wireless connections that show up in the Linksys software that are in the area, but do not have any security settings. These do not show up on reboot either.
I would appreciate any ideas. Thank you! :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Crizz44

Crizz44
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 496 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:39 AM

Posted 01 November 2006 - 10:28 PM

I finally figured out what I was doing wrong. This was a Dell Inspiron B130 laptop with a Dell Wireless 1370 WLAN Mini-PCI card. I kept clicking on the windows wireless connection icon to search for any wireless routers in range and nothing ever showed. Well, I later noticed another icon in the systray and it had green bars for it's icon. When I clicked on it, it searched and found the routers in range, just like the windows icon would do. I had to select the router and put the WEP key in, even though I had already done this thru the Linksys. Then everything worked great and it keeps the connection even after restart. :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users