Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

China And Its Polluting Ways

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:15 AM

Posted 31 October 2006 - 08:48 AM

I was watching etv a couple of weeks ago and they talked on how china is polluting the world.
They said there car emission standards are very low and its really bad for the enviroment.

They showed people in the city with masks on because of the smells!

Why isnt this problem being fixed by someone? They are polluting the whole earth not just china.

I know every country pollutes but the fact that they dont have emission standards good enough on there cars who knows how else they pollute things.

A article with more info:
http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m127...125/ai_19313518

Edited by cowsgonemadd3, 31 October 2006 - 08:52 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rubiconeye

rubiconeye

• Members
  • 156 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:15 AM

Posted 31 October 2006 - 11:06 AM

hi, cowsgonemad,

the thing about pollution is the fact that it has to be a worldwide effort, the us is hardly a good example to the rest of the world in this regard. in a lot of ways the us in still the biggest polluter in the world. i just wish every country in the world would get their act together over this.

cheers

#3 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,331 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:15 AM

Posted 31 October 2006 - 03:40 PM

China is starting to work on it. With help from the USA advising their SEPA (State EPA) on changing their furnaces and filtering. China runs 2/3 on coal and produces horrible acid rain amounts.

China has been focusing in recent months on controlling sulphur dioxide emissions, which cause acid rain. In 2005, China discharged 25.5m tons of sulphur dioxide, the most in the world, according to Sepa. Of that amount, about 85 per cent came from industrial sources. The government has set a modest goal of cutting sulphur dioxide discharges by 10 per cent to less than 23m tons by 2010.

China in pollution drive

Burning coal discharges sulphur dioxide, nitrogen oxides, particulate matter and mercury, a toxin researchers believe can travel across oceans and continents.

How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users