Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Ie6 201015 Or Event Id: 7011

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Troubled2

Troubled2

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:15 AM

Posted 31 October 2006 - 01:04 AM

Hello there

Lately, every time I connect to a particular banking website to conduct Internet banking, I am able to actually log in but within seconds of clicking on (any) link on that site, I get a message window from Microsoft IE (v6) saying: "Your I'net banking session has timed out due to inactivity. Please Login again".

Note: In the MS IE title bar of the error message window, it also has the number 201015

This problem happens 'every time' I log in. I have done a bit of investigating (not at all familiar with 'techie stuff' though) and had a look in the Event Viewer/System (didn't really know what I was looking at tho'??) which frequently reports an Event ID: 7011, but this error does not necessarily get logged at the same time that I log onto the problem site. I can access all other sites without any problems.

Any explanation that I have come across in regard to either 201015 or 7011 goes right over my head, hence my call for help in this forum.

Is this something that I can fix myself, or does it require the skill & knowledge of a computer repairperson?

I have run and re-run anti-virus & spyware programs, which have not revealed any evidence of viruses/spyware.

I have changed/and changed back the "block pop-ups" option and also disabled/enabled any Add-ons to see whether there is any difference. I have also cleared all Temp I'net cookies & files, time and time again.

My OS is XP Professional and the version of IE is v6

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

cheers
Troubled2

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Troubled2

Troubled2
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:15 AM

Posted 31 October 2006 - 02:12 AM

Hello again

Regarding my previous post ..... the problem has been solved!! After my initial post, I came across a BC article on cookies, which shed some new light for me ...

I was always under the impression that cookies were one way of accumulating spyware, to the point that when given the option, I would always disallow cookies. It turns out that was how my problem originated. Evidently, there are times when a site needs to allow cookies in order to deliver all necessary info to a site.

Thanks BC for the informative article on cookies, plus all the other great info your site offers. The relief and gratitude I am feeling is incredible.

thanks again,
Troubled2

#3 KoanYorel

KoanYorel

Bleepin' Conundrum

• Staff Emeritus
  • 19,461 posts
  •  
  • Location:65 miles due East of the "Logic Free Zone", in Md, USA
  • Local time:06:15 PM

Posted 31 October 2006 - 12:51 PM

Nice to see that you've "fixed yourself" by reading some of the BC's threads.

And thanks for telling us what you did.

I hope you stick around. There's a lot to learn here from all contributing members.

Regards,
Koan
The only easy day was yesterday.

...some do, some don't; some will, some won't (WR)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users