Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Excel 2002 Gif Problem

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 muzza

muzza

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:56 PM

Posted 30 October 2006 - 09:37 PM

Hello all,

I am having a problem getting an animated GIF to work in my worksheet.

This is what I have done so far, I open a new worksheet highlight some cells and merge so I can insert the
GIF.
Next I select -INSERT/PICTURE from file navigate to the file and insert. The picture appears where I have selected to insert, but the GIF animation doesn't work.

Is there something else I need to do? :thumbsup:

Any help would be appreciated.
Muzza

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 bandit4edu

bandit4edu

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:56 AM

Posted 31 October 2006 - 03:12 PM

as far as I know...you can't just place an animated gif into a spreadsheet without the help of a browser control (.dll) or something like activeX to help out....a lot of folks like to put animation on userforms and such, but they have to rely on these other tools, and package them with the spreadsheet when they ship it off to users.

Of course, I could be wrong...there's a first time for everything :thumbsup:
Eschew Obfuscation

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users