Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Outlook Express - Can't Change Email Account Name

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 stingray55

stingray55

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:28 PM

Posted 30 October 2006 - 08:52 PM

I have several email addresses (accounts) and have always been able to change the name of the account whenever I want (via account properties) - not the display name for the "from" line, but what I name the account. But now, if I try to change it, it won't keep the changes and reverts back to the name it was before. I've only recently gone to WinXP SP2, and am wondering if it's something to do with SP2?

Would anyone know how I can fix this please?

TIA
(PS - I'm fairly experienced in OE :thumbsup: ).

WinXP Pro SP2, Dell Dimension 9150, 4GB RAM, Dual Core Pentium D, NVIDIA GeForce 7900 GS, Creative SB X-Fi, Firefox

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 stingray55

stingray55
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:28 PM

Posted 31 October 2006 - 01:03 PM

I thought I'd try deleting and recreating one of the accounts as a test, and it naturally worked. However, if I then try to change the account name again (as a test), it's the same problem as before. Therefore, something somewhere must corrupt?
WinXP Pro SP2, Dell Dimension 9150, 4GB RAM, Dual Core Pentium D, NVIDIA GeForce 7900 GS, Creative SB X-Fi, Firefox

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users