Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

What Would Cause This

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 yahtzee

yahtzee

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:33 PM

Posted 30 October 2006 - 08:10 PM

If you go here - http://www.cameroncollector.com/forum it should work fine for you. For the past 3 days, when i access the site, this is how it looks for me......suggestions?

Front Page of forum

Landing page of forum

Crazier thing is, the info on the page that i am seeing is current just way out of wack. This issue also happens in IE and FF 2.0.

Moderator Edit: Moved topic to more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

Edited by Animal, 30 October 2006 - 08:36 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,286 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:33 PM

Posted 30 October 2006 - 08:39 PM

Just out of curiosity have you cleared browser cache and cookies, in both browsers? And also rebooted your machine?

Be (spend the cache and eat the cookies) Safe

Da Bleepin, AniMod, Animal

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#3 yahtzee

yahtzee
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 30 October 2006 - 08:45 PM

Yep, cleared everything in both and rebooted.

#4 rowal5555

rowal5555

Just enough info to be armed & dangerous...

• Members
  • 2,644 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:33 AM

Posted 30 October 2006 - 10:19 PM

Hi yahtzee.

The same thing happens to me when I log into my gmail a/c in FireFox. I have to go down to the bottom of the page and select a different type of view. See if you have a viewing option somewhere on the page and change it to 'html' or preferably 'Standard'.
Let us know how you get on.

Cheers

rowal5555 (Rob )                                                             

Avid supporter of Bleeping Computer's
Team 38444

You can help find a cure

#5 yahtzee

yahtzee
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 30 October 2006 - 10:29 PM

Hi yahtzee.

The same thing happens to me when I log into my gmail a/c in FireFox. I have to go down to the bottom of the page and select a different type of view. See if you have a viewing option somewhere on the page and change it to 'html' or preferably 'Standard'.
Let us know how you get on.

Cheers

Its not specific to Firefox.

#6 Walkman

Walkman

• Banned
  • 1,327 posts
  •  

Posted 30 October 2006 - 10:50 PM

I use Firefox myself, and the same thing happens to me on various sites. The only thing I can think of is that maybe it's an issue with firewalls, or ip blocking software or host files. I'm just guessing, but the only way I've been able to remedy those display issues is to simply refresh the page. That works for me all the time.

I'm almost certain the above mentioned softwares are conected to this. Also, especially if you're using Firefox with the addon "No Scripts", it can happen more than often... at times.

Right now, I don't think there is a definite fix for it. Then again, the process-of-elimination, by uninstalling any and all ip programs/tools, but I'm not going to bother with it though. Just keep hitting the refresh and it should load the page in correctly.

#7 yahtzee

yahtzee
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 30 October 2006 - 10:52 PM

I use Firefox myself, and the same thing happens to me on various sites. The only thing I can think of is that maybe it's an issue with firewalls, or ip blocking software or host files. I'm just guessing, but the only way I've been able to remedy those display issues is to simply refresh the page. That works for me all the time.

I'm almost certain the above mentioned softwares are conected to this. Also, especially if you're using Firefox with the addon "No Scripts", it can happen more than often... at times.

Right now, I don't think there is a definite fix for it. Then again, the process-of-elimination, by uninstalling any and all ip programs/tools, but I'm not going to bother with it though. Just keep hitting the refresh and it should load the page in correctly.

Thanks but did you read my original post? It happens with both browsers and refreshing doesnt fix it.

#8 yahtzee

yahtzee
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 30 October 2006 - 11:08 PM

i just switched my PC connection from my WRT54GS and ran it into port 1 of my vonage router (RT31P2) and now the site is working. this happened last time as well and by tomorrow, it wont work...we will see.

#9 Walkman

Walkman

• Banned
  • 1,327 posts
  •  

Posted 31 October 2006 - 01:11 AM

Like I said before,

It's probably a connection, network, firewall or something to that extent. It worked when your changed Internet connections, I see.

And yes, I read your original post, that's why I posted my reply, (which seemed to remedy the problem).

Glad it helped!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users