Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

File Missing Or Corrupt: System32\drivers\nvatabus.sys

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 gotkoi

gotkoi

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:44 AM

Posted 30 October 2006 - 01:12 AM

:thumbsup: "PLEASE 911" Was system restoring then on reboot screen went black and said windows could

not start because the following file is missing or corrupt: system32\drivers\nvatabus.sys

Do not have original set up cd tried last known good config does not work and safe mode as well not work

Anyone "PLEASE HELP" TY TY TY TY TY

ROBERT

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Walkman

Walkman

• Banned
  • 1,327 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:44 AM

Posted 30 October 2006 - 01:58 AM

There are a host of topics about that file. Below are 2 links that may help you even more.

http://www.nforcershq.com/article637.html

http://forums.nvidia.com/lofiversion/index.php?t10716.html

Also, do a search for that file name and read up on it, but those links above should give you a great start and fix to your problem.

From what I read, it's a common problem and can be fixed.

Hope that helps!

#3 Walkman

Walkman

• Banned
  • 1,327 posts
  •  

Posted 30 October 2006 - 02:11 AM

Oh, I meant to tell you......

your hard drive is probably bad, or going bad. I have a confirmed hard drive that done the same thing this past Thursday.

Here is a screen shot of the error message. (taken from the source at http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-repli...fm/499637.html)

Screen shot here:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v221/bra...316bsod0003.jpg

My hard drive is bad. I'll get my data off of it though. I have the software. But my screen showed the same exact error.

#4 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,090 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:44 AM

Posted 30 October 2006 - 10:27 AM

If it is your hard drive - the very, very first thing to do is to save your files/data.

Then we can work on the problem without worrying if you'll lose your data at any minute.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#5 Walkman

Walkman

• Banned
  • 1,327 posts
  •  

Posted 30 October 2006 - 12:42 PM

If it is your hard drive - the very, very first thing to do is to save your files/data.

Then we can work on the problem without worrying if you'll lose your data at any minute.

I agree. My hard drive is 120G, and it's full (about 110G of data on it). I have a new, still in the box 160G (Seagate) I'll load up today and get my data off of it.

This must be "Bad Hard Drive" season. I'm finishing up on my client/partner hard drive. His crashed completely, and he bought it over for me to install him a 300G (Seagate). It's been a week now, and the 2 data recovery tools have finally finished (after a week of trying to recover the data), I'm not sure if anything else can be salvaged.

On his bad hd, he has two partitions, one NTFS and the other FAT32. The NTFS is the one that he says he needs his data from. On the other partition I was able to do a copy/paste and get 100% of the data from there. But the NTFS is giving me a hard time. I'm using

RecoverMyFiles
GetDataBack for NTFS

At one point I was able to see the data on the NTFS, but now I can't see anything on it.

#6 usasma

usasma

• 25,090 posts
  •  

Posted 31 October 2006 - 06:09 AM

In general, FAT32 is a much simpler file system - so generally it's easier to recover from.

I find that GetDataBack is the best tool for me to use - but PCInspector runs a very close second (and it's free).

A lot of the failed drives that I've heard of recently have also been "overfull" - I wonder if this is a contributing factor? Recommendations are that you should have at least 15% free space on the drive - it's conceivable that the lack of free space makes the drive work harder to get at the information - which in turn increases the stress on the drive.

Some situations (such as video editing, etc) may require even more free space on the drive. Also, folks have reported hard drives that are so full that they can't delete anything from them. This usually requires a lot of work to overcome - and probably stresses the drive even more.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#7 Walkman

Walkman

• Banned
  • 1,327 posts
  •  

Posted 31 October 2006 - 09:35 AM

usasma,

You're absolutely correct. I do alot of all of what you mentioned, but I also have dvd's that I store my data on, so I can free up some space.

As far as my 120G is concerned. It's up and I'm almost finished transferring all my data off of it. I've this hd for about 3 years or so, and it had given me a problem before, so I just used it as temporary storage, plus I installed an OS on it, just incase. But now, once I finish getting all my data off of it, I'm going to wipe it out, partition/reformat it, and just load games on it. I won't care if it crashes for good then. Plus I have backups. And I won't use it for the Internet or nothing at all, except games.

I'll install my 160G sometime today. But I'm so glad that 120G woke back up. I knew it would be accessable again, but this time, all my data is coming off, before it's too late. I lost 2 hd's worth of data in the past, because of my negleting to have backup/extra storage. I promised myself that I'll never get caught out there again like that. Years of work went down the drain. So yes, I know from experience and (or) less preparedness.

As far as the one for my client/partner, the computer sees both partitions of that drive, but the NTFS is being so stubborn, it won't budge any data off of it. I was reading from another site where a man said that he had to let his software run for 2 weeks before the software could find his data. I might be looking at that for my partner. I told him that is the possibility,, and he told me to do whatever it takes, and how long it takes, he doesn't mind.

I already have his 300G up and running and it's ready for him to pick it up,, but I am loading a few goodies he'll be needing down the road, so that way he doesn't have to call me for every little incident, when he screws something up, like many people do anyway.

usasma, thanks for your input.... but my hd has been begging to just die for about a year or so, but I keep denying it that access rights. It doesn't have my permission to die on me,,, not just yet.

#8 Walkman

Walkman

• Banned
  • 1,327 posts
  •  

Posted 31 October 2006 - 10:34 AM

I'm downloading the PC Inspector now.

Thanks for the info.

Edited by Walkman, 31 October 2006 - 10:35 AM.

#9 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  

Posted 31 October 2006 - 12:17 PM

By the way, if that is a Seagate drive, it has a five year warranty.

#10 Walkman

Walkman

• Banned
  • 1,327 posts
  •  

Posted 31 October 2006 - 06:09 PM

Yep:....... and they also come with an RFID chip (Radio Frequency IDentification chip. Or better known as a tracking device. I'll scan it and post it up here so people can be aware of the items that they are buying are now being tracked.

Although I removed it, I'll never support any more of Seagates products. I have a web site I'm doing that is devoted to the RFID. People can post the item that has the tracking in them, the store in which they bought the item, and the manufacturer(s) of the items, and also a picture of the RFID. Trust me,,,, you don't want those RFID's in your home, because soon enough, they'll be able to drive by your home and with the reader devices, they'll be able to take inventory of everything in your home.

This is a subject that would have to be in another thread,,,, I just had to throw that one out there.

Back on the subject, the warranty on the other hand isn't all that great. Let's say you have all your precious data on that hard drive,, it goes bad, but you're still under warranty, and you've tried everything possible to get your data off of it, but you can't. The only way you'll get that other hd is a fact that you'll have to depart with yours first.

But the good thing is this though.... you'll have upto five years to try to get the data off, like it seems like it's going to take for me to get this data off of my partners hd/partition.

#11 usasma

usasma

• 25,090 posts
  •  

Posted 01 November 2006 - 09:02 AM

So, have you got a link for your RFID website yet?

#12 Walkman

Walkman

• Banned
  • 1,327 posts
  •  

Posted 03 November 2006 - 12:46 AM

not yet,, but I do have a scan of the RFID chip that came with the Seagate hard drive. Give me a few minutes and I'll upload it, and let you all be aware of it. RFID chips come in many different designs/shapes/formats... but they all do the same thing, they track and monitor you.

I'm still working on the site, but I'm not quite ready for the public to see it.

The main theme of the site is to:

1. Inform people that more and more products are being manufactured with these RFID chips in them, and they should be aware of them, and how to spot them.

2. Allow screen shots of the FRID chip, and tell what product it's from, and also the store that's supporting the RFID chips.

3. Send a message to any and all who supports the RFID chips that we're not going to do business with them anymore. There are companies/stores that have rejected the RFID because of the complaints they've recieved. People are talking, and companies are listening too. But the work isn't over.

4. Let people know of the products that are already RFID chipped, thus providing them an easy way out of being tracked by those products, manufacturers, and stores.

On another note: I've gotten all of my data off of my 120G, and I repartitioned it, reformatted and installed my XP Pro back on it. Now it's just games on it (when I finally install them), and that's it. I'm not even going to use it to browse, not unless I need drivers or such. And if this hd crashes this time, I'll simply throw it in the trash. I gotta tell you though..... I've gotten my monies' worth out of it. So, it's no loss to me now that all my data was removed.

I'm going to make a new thread of the RFID chip, in a section where it belongs, like security or somewhere else of that nature. I'll also provide links to where people can see more actual chips, and the lists of companies endorsing this tracking on all of us. If possible, please support the cause, because all of our privacy is at risk.

#13 Walkman

Walkman

• Banned
  • 1,327 posts
  •  

Posted 03 November 2006 - 02:40 AM

Here is the link to the thread I've put up here. It's just to let you all see the RFID chip I got when I got the hd, and it has links to other info on the RFID. I'll have my site up and ready soon.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/70596/rfid-chips-see-how-youre-being-tracked-monito/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users