Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problem With Search Engine Results

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 perryja

perryja

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:56 AM

Posted 29 October 2006 - 08:01 PM

Lets say I search on the word "baseball scores". The result will look correct for about 1 second then it changes to look like this:

1. Party Poker(underlined)
Offers league news, team pages, schedules, rosters, and more
Category: baseball> news media
www.usatoday.com/sports/mlb.htm

2. USATODAY.com:sports Score (underlined)
Shop and compare great deals on baseball scores and other related products at MonsterMarketplace.
Category: Sports Scores
http://www.MonsterMarketplace.com - 95k - Cached - More from this site

1. Is correct except for the title.
2. Looks alright except the web address.

Both links send you to the wrong website.

Most of the links as a result of the search appear to be redirecting you to different websites than the ones intended by the search.

This problem is not search engine dependent. This problem appears anytime a search is done from anywhere.

On the bottom left off the browser it specify "Error on Page"

Have run Ad-adware SE, Spybot-search, Spyware doctor, Roguescanfix, Housecall, BitDefender, & currently have Zonealarm up & running. All programs are clear of issues.

Any help to resolve this issue will be greatly appreciated.

Jeff P.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,928 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:56 AM

Posted 29 October 2006 - 09:11 PM

Welcome to BC perryja. I believe you have a browser hijack and you should follow these instructions
Preparation Guide for use before posting a HijackThis Log
It is important that you make no further changes to your PC once you've posted in that forum.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 perryja

perryja
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  

Posted 30 October 2006 - 06:42 PM

I've posted a HijackThis topic titled "All search engines redirect" So if you have this problem as well you can search for it on the HJT forum.

Jeff P.

#4 perryja

perryja
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  

Posted 01 November 2006 - 06:10 AM

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/70256/all-search-engines-redirect/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users