Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Internet Explorer Freezes And Goes To Securitypage.com

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 mikethemonk

mikethemonk

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:20 AM

Posted 29 October 2006 - 11:41 AM

I have a problem with Internet explorer. Everytime i open it, when it begins to go to my homepage, it freezes. On top of this whenever it does manage not to freeze, (and this is the only program that freezes like this) it goes to www.securitypage.com reguardless to the fact that my internet settings have google as my homepage.

Im running windows XP and have a 56k (ancient, i know) and help would be much appreciated!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,141 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:20 AM

Posted 29 October 2006 - 03:11 PM

What type of anti-virus are you using and when was the last time you ran a scan? Did you try doing a scan in "SAFE MODE"? Have you performed any anti-spyware scans?

Also, are you using any 3rd party programs that may have locked your settings? Some security/firewall programs can prohibit your homepage from being changed. Symantec has such a protection feature and so do some versions of ZoneAlarm. It does not change the home page but instead prevents you from changing it to anything else. So whatever one chose for a home page prior to installing ZoneAlarm is stuck with that home page in Internet Explorer. In the freeware version there is no setting in ZA free to unlock the IE6 home page. Returning ZA to an older version or updating to the most current should resolve the issue.

Zone Alarm 6.1.744.001 (March 2006) allowed changing the homepage in IE.
Zone Alarm 6.5.722.000 (June 2006) prevents changing the homepage in IE.
Zone Alarm 6.5.731.000 (July 2006) allowed changing the homepage in IE.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users