Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Study: Cell Phones Scramble DNA

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Scarlett

Scarlett

Bleeping Diva

• Members
  • 7,479 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:31 AM

Posted 20 December 2004 - 03:51 PM

Radio waves from mobile phones harm body cells and damage DNA in laboratory conditions, according to a new study majority-funded by the European Union, researchers said on Monday. Reuters December 20, 2004, 11:21 AM PT The so-called Reflex study, conducted by 12 research groups in seven European countries, did not prove that mobile phones are a risk to health but concluded that more research is needed to see whether effects can also be found outside a lab. The $100 billion a year mobile phone industry asserts that there is no conclusive evidence of harmful effects as a result of electromagnetic radiation. About 650 million mobile phones are expected to be sold to consumers this year, and more than 1.5 billion people around the world use one.
Posted Image

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ddeerrff

ddeerrff

Retired

• Malware Response Team
  • 2,724 posts
  •  

Posted 21 December 2004 - 12:39 AM

The so-called Reflex study, conducted by 12 research groups in seven European countries, did not prove that mobile phones are a risk to health but concluded that more research is needed to see whether effects can also be found outside a lab.

IOW, they did not get the answer they were looking for so they need more money.
Derfram
~~~~~~

#3 LoLucky

LoLucky

• Members
  • 331 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:31 AM

Posted 21 December 2004 - 09:47 AM

Yeah they also done studies on Smoking but what has that changed still people die each day from something Smoking caused

I really wish they would stop doing studies and do something about it!

Just my $.02 but what do i know!

#4 georgia

georgia

• Members
  • 567 posts
  •  

Posted 21 December 2004 - 11:57 AM

I agree, one minute drinking coffee is bad. Then next week they discover some chemical is good for preventing something or other.
The same with red wine. They say it is good for one thing and then later another study says it has not been proven.

Then the general conclusion it always seems is "if used in moderation".......well I suppose that applies to almost everything and it costs millions of dollars to generate this finding!!!

And where does all the $ come from to find out all of this, usually Joe/ Josephine Taxpayer.

Just my thoughts on studies. Nothing with scholarly evidence!!! :thumbsup:
Talent is a flame. Genius is a fire.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users