Jump to content
Posted 29 October 2006 - 08:35 AM
Posted 29 October 2006 - 09:10 AM
Posted 29 October 2006 - 09:20 AM
1) Try this free, online scan: http://safety.live.com/
2) If that doesn't work, try using the free AdAware program along with this program to "cloak" it from spyware: http://www.lavasoftnews.com/theeye/i17/a4.shtml
3) Run a complete scan of your system with updated anti-virus definitions
4) Check your Event Viewer for errors around the time of the freezes: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/40108/how-to-use-event-viewer/
5) Check your Device Manager (Start...Run...type in "devmgmt.msc" (without the quotes) and press Enter) for any red x's or yellow !'s. Let us know if anything shows.
6) Go to Start...Run...and type in "taskmgr.exe" (without the quotes) and press Enter. Does this run your Task Manager applet?
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users