Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Partition Magic Question

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#16 Yourhighness

Yourhighness

The BSG Malware Fighter

• Topic Starter

• Malware Response Team
  • 7,943 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:20 AM

Posted 08 November 2006 - 06:02 AM

Hi!

1 ) it came w/o partitions. brand new one. I made two partitions using diskmgmt.msc, since PowerQuest Partition Magic couldnt, as mentioned above.

2 ) diskmgmt.msc

3 ) Yes, but on my old hdd w/ 80GB capacity.

Ta,

Johannes

"How did I get infected?" - "Safe-hex" - Member of UNITE -
Posted Image

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#17 projectfocus

projectfocus

• Members
  • 474 posts
  •  

Posted 08 November 2006 - 06:38 AM

I have tried the software called partition Logic. This does support NTFS the only issue is that it will try and fornmat the disk of the partition points that are being moved.

How are you wanting it to be partitioned for the future. What sort of chunks are we looking at. Will the disk partition that you want to split fit on the other partition of the same drive.

The Disk type is 07 for NTFS. Even if you create it with FAT32 it is not a problem as you just convert it to NTFS when Windows is loaded. Using dos i think the command is
CONVERT #: /fs:ntfs ( # is the drive letter to convert.)
Posted Image

#18 Yourhighness

Yourhighness

The BSG Malware Fighter

• Topic Starter

• Malware Response Team
  • 7,943 posts
  •  

Posted 08 November 2006 - 02:36 PM

I have tried the software called partition Logic. This does support NTFS the only issue is that it will try and fornmat the disk of the partition points that are being moved.

How are you wanting it to be partitioned for the future. What sort of chunks are we looking at. Will the disk partition that you want to split fit on the other partition of the same drive.

The Disk type is 07 for NTFS. Even if you create it with FAT32 it is not a problem as you just convert it to NTFS when Windows is loaded. Using dos i think the command is
CONVERT #: /fs:ntfs ( # is the drive letter to convert.)

Hi,
problem solved. used Gparted liveCD and formated it into ntfs, then made 3 partitions for now. Worked grate and in a bout a fifth of the time PMagic needed. PM now recognises my partition again like it should do. Just to answer your questions:

1) I needed 2 partitions anyway (the ones i had, but needed to be able to create more than those for later use - wasnt able before)

2) Not sure what you meant with chunks...

3)

Will the disk partition that you want to split fit on the other partition of the same drive.

Not sure what you meant with that.

Thanks for all your suggestions and help guys.

- Topic Solved -

Greetings,

Johannes

"How did I get infected?" - "Safe-hex" - Member of UNITE -
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users